Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

12 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

They could but at the cost of service time and MLB salary. He's four days short of 3 years of service, so you are also talking about arb eligibility at that point.

Hypothetically if he hasn’t recovered by the start of 2025, is he able to be transferred back to the 15 day DL?  Or is there a requirement based on injury timeframe for him to have to go to the 60 day retroactively to the previous year?  Curious if that service time issue wouldn’t possibly arise later on.

Wouldn’t shock me if we just end up waving him in that scenario.  That being said, I doubt paying him arbitration or losing the service time on him would be seen as a huge negative either way.  He’s only making 760k this year and you could probably easily win an arb hearing if it comes to it.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Tork and Dingler with a HR tonight so far. 

and Tork followed up with 2 Ks. his BA is sort of hanging at 230. That contact skill level isn't going to get him back the majors.

Dingler on the other hand with 2 more hits after the HR. He's sitting at 299/360/890. What does he have to do get an audition?

Edited by gehringer_2

7 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

and Tork followed up with 2 Ks. his BA is sort of hanging at 230. That contact skill level isn't going to get him back the majors.

Dingler on the other hand with 2 more hits after the HR. He's sitting at 299/360/890. What does he have to do get an audition?

Waiting to trade Kelly at the deadline. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Waiting to trade Kelly at the deadline. 

Sure - I can believe that, though to me you have left yourself with more risk than you needed to if you move Kelly before you ever see Dingler against MLB pitching. Seems like on a developing team those are exactly the kind of roster moves that are in your interest to make to stay ahead of your  evaluation needs.

Edited by gehringer_2

14 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

I think Dingler will look like Rogers, ultimately. With only 3 SP on the team, we probably don’t have the luxury of carrying 3 catchers on the roster.

Jake hit 235 in AA and 220 in AAA - he made it the majors on his ISO (and his D of course) but he has never showed as much with the bat in the minors as Dingler is showing now - but SSS arg's apply.

2 hours ago, monkeytargets39 said:

Hypothetically if he hasn’t recovered by the start of 2025, is he able to be transferred back to the 15 day DL?  Or is there a requirement based on injury timeframe for him to have to go to the 60 day retroactively to the previous year?  Curious if that service time issue wouldn’t possibly arise later on.

Wouldn’t shock me if we just end up waving him in that scenario.  That being said, I doubt paying him arbitration or losing the service time on him would be seen as a huge negative either way.  He’s only making 760k this year and you could probably easily win an arb hearing if it comes to it.

If he's on the roster coming out of spring training, he can't be sent to the minors if injured. Anybody with service time the year before who was injured must stay on the major league roster if injured during camp.

2 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Toledo has 6* solo HRs, but Madden got absolutely rocked once again.

Dingler (2), Tork, Kreidler, Navigato, Unroe.

Bases loaded with 1 out in the bottom of the 10th... tied 10-10...

Vilade at the bat...

5 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Toledo has 6* solo HRs, but Madden got absolutely rocked once again.

Dingler (2), Tork, Kreidler, Navigato, Unroe.

PS: After Dingler went 3-3 with the 2 HR's and a single...

They decided to just start walking him...

So 3-3 plus 3 BB's...

Sitting right now at .299 and an .899 OPS...

Trade Kelly.

Give Dingler his shot...

Edited by 1984Echoes
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I liked Dingler's 1st HR. They threw him a thigh high sinker a little to the outer third on 0-0 and instead of playing Hamlet looking for something that might be better later he just hammered to right.

Edited by gehringer_2

Toledo W 11-10
Tork 2/4 2RBI 2BB 2K HR
Jung 0/6 4K 
Dingler 3/3 2RBI 3BB 2HR 
Bigbie 1/4 BB 2K
Kriedler 2/5 RBI K HR
Madden 2.2IP 10H 7ER BB 4K

Erie W 8-6
Lee 1/4 BB
Workman 1/4 BB K
Melton 5IP 8H 3ER 3BB 6K