Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

Once we get closer to the draft I may get around to starting a thread about it if nobody else does but for now I figure I'd just post this in here. Kiley McDaniel of ESPN put out his 1st mock and he has us taking Jace Jung out of Texas Tech. Kiley has him listed as a 3B but MLB.com has him listed as a 2b, they also have him ranked 8th overall so getting him at 13 would be a slight steal. 

Kiley speculates that where we are in our rebuild we probably want somebody closer to the majors especially since he took a HS pitcher in the first round last year and that is a big reason why he has us taking Jung.

13 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Good news in West Michigan is Colt Keith is 3-4 with 2 bombs, bad news is that Dylan Smith got roughed up a bit with 4 runs in 5 innings with just a couple of Ks. 

Don't know what they are waiting for with Keith. Perez on base twice also - hit and walk.

Dylan Smith may have had a long sit down before he went out in the 5th and gave up the last two. Not a good reason but it does happen.

53 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Good news in West Michigan is Colt Keith is 3-4 with 2 bombs, bad news is that Dylan Smith got roughed up a bit with 4 runs in 5 innings with just a couple of Ks. 

add another walk and run scored each for Keith and Perez. WM not satisfied to let Toledo have all the fun, had now scored 16 runs in their game.

Edited by gehringer_2

18 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I see Meadows was replaced in Toledo. Could it be that he already is ready to go and he left early to head to NY or did he have a setback? 

I saw the same. I hate to admit but it sounds ominous. Why would they pull him from a game they are trailing in?

19 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I see Meadows was replaced in Toledo. Could it be that he already is ready to go and he left early to head to NY or did he have a setback? 

I believe that happened yesterday as well... pulled after 3 ABs.

Edited by mtutiger

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Once we get closer to the draft I may get around to starting a thread about it if nobody else does but for now I figure I'd just post this in here. Kiley McDaniel of ESPN put out his 1st mock and he has us taking Jace Jung out of Texas Tech. Kiley has him listed as a 3B but MLB.com has him listed as a 2b, they also have him ranked 8th overall so getting him at 13 would be a slight steal. 

Kiley speculates that where we are in our rebuild we probably want somebody closer to the majors especially since he took a HS pitcher in the first round last year and that is a big reason why he has us taking Jung.

I know you should draft for BPA, but there are also a slew of good hitting OFers who are being mocked to us, or adjacent to our pick.  Given the success we're seeing with Keith, Perez, Pacheco, and potential with our international guys (Santana and Sequeira), along with our long-term commitment to Baez, I wonder if they'll go OF, which all of a sudden seems a bit barren in our organization (both Cabrera and Packard have disappointed).

Saw an interesting article in the Freep about Carpenter.  Robson was after to tweak his swing all last year.  Carpenter didn't want to do it, but tried a couple of adjustments in the offseason and eventually spent a few days with Robson's hitting coach.  The change in his swing seemed to result in a big power increase right away and its carried over into the season

14 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

Saw an interesting article in the Freep about Carpenter.  Robson was after to tweak his swing all last year.  Carpenter didn't want to do it, but tried a couple of adjustments in the offseason and eventually spent a few days with Robson's hitting coach.  The change in his swing seemed to result in a big power increase right away and its carried over into the season

Can we get Robsons coach to the Tigers ASAP

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shinzaki said:

ironic that I originally suggested that Carpenter and Robson should switch teams--probably not the outcome that Robson would embrace.