Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

1 minute ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Yep thoracic outlet syndrome. Usually not a death knell for pitchers, but he was a shell of himself after that. 

I'm a little vague on this, but didn't they nick a nerve doing Bonderman's TO that created recovery problems? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. In any case, the other thing that seems true is that Bonderman didn't want it bad enough. Which is fine, he doesn't owe going through the rigors of rehabbing to be an MLB pitcher to anyone, but if you don't want it bad enough you won't go through it and if you don't it's pointless to hang around.

12 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I'm a little vague on this, but didn't they nick a nerve doing Bonderman's TO that created recovery problems? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. In any case, the other thing that seems true is that Bonderman didn't want it bad enough. Which is fine, he doesn't owe going through the rigors of rehabbing to be an MLB pitcher to anyone, but if you don't want it bad enough you won't go through it and if you don't it's pointless to hang around.

That sounds familiar. Didn’t seem like a smooth surgery. 

36 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Yep thoracic outlet syndrome. Usually not a death knell for pitchers, but he was a shell of himself after that. 

How many pitchers have had it and returned to form? I was under the impression it's pretty commonly a death knell for pitchers.

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

one player at Lakeland with 100AB and >800 OPS, Carlos Mendoza

three players at WM 

four players at Erie, but one is 26, one is 27 and one no-one believes can level up

ONE at Toledo, a 35 yr old journeyman catcher.

as of today, that is it.

Worth noting Pacheco has a .793 OPS in Lakeland, which is good for a 130 wRC+.

Edited by TigerNation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

one player at Lakeland with 100AB and >800 OPS, Carlos Mendoza

three players at WM 

four players at Erie, but one is 26, one is 27 and one no-one believes can level up

ONE at Toledo, a 35 yr old journeyman catcher.

as of today, that is it.

If you count his time in Salt Lake, Brendon Davis would be two fwiw

Point still is well taken though 

Edited by mtutiger

1 hour ago, Shinzaki said:

Franklin Perez gas pitched 2.1 innings...gave up2 runs, walked 4, struck out 3.  Really rooting for him...

Curious - he is listed as on rehab from the Mudhens rather than assigned to the FCL. Hard to believe they think he would ready to be at AAA in 30 days! I guess maybe just where the roster spot is right now....Or maybe he is too old to be assigned there?

Edited by gehringer_2