Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

3 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

one player at Lakeland with 100AB and >800 OPS, Carlos Mendoza

three players at WM 

four players at Erie, but one is 26, one is 27 and one no-one believes can level up

ONE at Toledo, a 35 yr old journeyman catcher.

as of today, that is it.

That has to be on Al doesn’t it ?

Wilmer Flores with a solid outing for Erie.  Went 5 innings of 2 run baseball but had 8Ks and 1 walk. Only gave up 1 extra base hit which was a double so it appears that they may have just singled their way to the 2 runs. Also Dingler just hit his 5th HR of the year in the game as well. 

Cisnero is already 33 and I don't see him as a long-term fixture.

I'm not wishing him ill will or anything, it's not that at all....

It's just that... If it's time to move on from him... it's time. I won't sweat that.

I am completely into turning the roster over to young guys.

Even if they flop... I wanna see them get their chance to make it or sink it...

It's why it didn't bother me to suggest moving on from Schoop and giving 2B to Clemens... Kody could completely fall on his face (he has so far...) but I don't care. 

Let's just move on... from Grossman, Schoop, Miggy (after this season), Barnhart (same), Cisnero, Jacob Barnes (?!?!), even Haase if he can't do any better than this...

Fulmer can come back next year if he comes back cheap...

If you want another 2019 or worse, that will work. It's pretty clear they don't have the young talent in the system to go all young. They still need vets to prop up the roster and make it moderately competitive.

It's terrible business to just throw out all young guys. But they need to figure out who will be here next year and act accordingly.

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Wilmer Flores with a solid outing for Erie.  Went 5 innings of 2 run baseball but had 8Ks and 1 walk. Only gave up 1 extra base hit which was a double so it appears that they may have just singled their way to the 2 runs. Also Dingler just hit his 5th HR of the year in the game as well. 

Flores looks like he could become a monster prospect... he's just smokin' guys... 21 y.o. in AA already...

So... aside from getting Torkelson/ Dingler/ Cabrera (Danny)/ Trei Cruz/ Gage Workman/ and Colten Keith in only 5 rounds of drafting in 2020...

They also picked up Wilmer Flores as an undrafted FA pitcher right after that draft...

Not a bad draft... we'll see how that finishes up...

Edited by 1984Echoes

3 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

More like the Manning path, considering it is his shoulder.

Still, there's been a lot of rushed rehabs this year. To the point where it is a trend.

No question about it. Felt like someone jumped the gun on E-Rod today. Glad they are giving him another rehab start.

1 hour ago, kdog said:

If you want another 2019 or worse, that will work. It's pretty clear they don't have the young talent in the system to go all young. They still need vets to prop up the roster and make it moderately competitive.

I dont think Jose Cisnero is the guy holding this roster back from competitiveness

13 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

Cisnero is already 33 and I don't see him as a long-term fixture.

I'm not wishing him ill will or anything, it's not that at all....

It's just that... If it's time to move on from him... it's time. I won't sweat that.

I am completely into turning the roster over to young guys.

Even if they flop... I wanna see them get their chance to make it or sink it...

It's why it didn't bother me to suggest moving on from Schoop and giving 2B to Clemens... Kody could completely fall on his face (he has so far...) but I don't care. 

Let's just move on... from Grossman, Schoop, Miggy (after this season), Barnhart (same), Cisnero, Jacob Barnes (?!?!), even Haase if he can't do any better than this...

Fulmer can come back next year if he comes back cheap...

I was never worried about Cisnero.  Relievers come and go.  Most of their relievers this year is doing better than he did last year.  

Edited by Tiger337

37 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I was never worried about Cisnero.  Relievers come and go.  Most of their relievers this year is doing better than he did last year.  

I edited this post because I thought my original was confusing and then I made an embarrassing grammatical error...Which is worse?  

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

Olson had a start at Erie today... 4 innings, 9 K's. 1 Run on 4 hits and 1 BB. 77 pitches so maybe that's his pitch cap (80-ish) and why he only pitched the 4...?

Haven’t seen anything about an injury, so assuming it was pitch count related.  Have to figure he’s heading to Toledo sooner than later.  Maybe Madden or Smith move up to take his spot?