Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

23 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Is it me or does Manuel Sequera have some Javy Baez to his swing? That might also explain the large amount of K's.

Yeah - big swing. But I don't think he swung at anything as bad as some of what Javy has swung at, but then again, he wasn't facing an MLB quality slider either!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Hill hasn't hit a lick in Toledo. Thinking that ship has sailed.

admittedly, I have an irrational interest in the guy.  So much upside, and I've always felt that injuries have stunted his development.  Elite speed and defense--if he could just hit .250, he'd be able to play in the league for 10 years or so.

30 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

That second slider is filthy 🤢

Lasted 3.1 5H 5R 3ER 2BB 7K!  I know he isn't who most people wanted drafted but man you can just see the potential here. This was my first real good look at his stuff (Bradenton's video is really good) and I must say I came away impressed. Obviously you hope for better results in the stat line but the stuff is real. 

44 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Lasted 3.1 5H 5R 3ER 2BB 7K!  I know he isn't who most people wanted drafted but man you can just see the potential here. This was my first real good look at his stuff (Bradenton's video is really good) and I must say I came away impressed. Obviously you hope for better results in the stat line but the stuff is real. 

If he can consistently keep that down…

3 hours ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

That's just nasty!

33 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

BA's transaction log has Michael Mariot and Jake Robson released. I haven't seen anything on the MILB pages, but they haven't appeared in a game in a while.

Toledo pages show Barnes and Norris added today but no removals - so  somebody's out.

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

P. Meadows 4/4 HR tonight for Erie.  277/329/477 for July

1 hour ago, Tenacious D said:

He might see a game in Detroit before his bro does.

He's been up and down this year (OPS by month prior to July):

April .815

May .572

June .891

And I thought he was in the low .600's in July... but he must have gotten hot the past week or so, so now he's up to G2's .806 OPS for July.

I had written him off. But he fixed his swing last off-season and apparently it's taking.... He's trying desperately to regain his prospect status so...

Yeah... he might make it to a Detroit stint before his brother gets back...