Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

PS: I've been down on Parker Meadows for a couple years now...

But since June 3rd, in 41 games in Erie, 180 PA's: .311 BA, .911 OPS, with 7 HR's and 3-1 SB's to CS's.

I guess that's what I mean that he's making a power move to get to the next level. If he regains his prospect status to what it was thought he could do at the time of the draft... he could turn out to be big time player in our OF in the near future...

I had basically written him off.

10 minutes ago, casimir said:

Or they could draft & develop a strong system such that one graduate doesn't spiral the minor system to the bottom third.

Was it just one graduation? I dont know what Tork's impact to graduation was on FG.

Either way, it isn't particularly the fall of the system that bothers me, rankings will fluctuate even for teams percieved to have good farms based on graduations and trades; it's that all these graduations have led to what will likely end up being a 67 win team. 

Edited by mtutiger
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Was it just one graduation? I dont know what Tork's impact to graduation was on FG.

Either way, it isn't particularly the fall of the system that bothers me, rankings will fluctuate even for teams percieved to have good farms based on graduations and trades; it's that all these graduations have led to what will likely end up being a 67 win team. 

Yup,a few years ago the white Sox had a top 5ish system only to fall to bottom 5 due to graduations/trades but since all those moves helped them making the playoffs multiple times it really wasn't that big of deal. Are situation is quite different than that. 

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

I guess ignoring the system ratings, where is the stream of prospects that the improved drafting & developing that was talked about?  Whatever happened to Caesar?  What is in Toledo that is just about major league ready?

image.png.231a933fc6147c946ceb246f7504e774.png

That's a lot of mediocrity.  Where is the fruit of the higher draft position?

16 minutes ago, casimir said:

I guess ignoring the system ratings, where is the stream of prospects that the improved drafting & developing that was talked about?  Whatever happened to Caesar?  What is in Toledo that is just about major league ready?

that's not mediocrity, that's bad.  mediocraty would be a step up for this team.  the only almost mediocre season was last year.

19 minutes ago, casimir said:

Hey we improved 5 percentage points over 5 years! At that current rate by about 2200 we'll be challenging for the division!

Edited by RandyMarsh

24 minutes ago, casimir said:

You're asking me?

The guy and gals that would know are down at 2100 Woodward Ave. 

Edited by mtutiger

9 minutes ago, irishpack said:

Pacheco at 19 years of age going to high A ball is impressive.  Tigers must think a lot of him.

I am definitely watching Pacheco with great interest! Anyone with more knowledge than me, is FSL still supposed to be pitcher friendly league? Were his offensive numbers highly ranked for league/ player age?.....

15 minutes ago, bsc3165 said:

I am definitely watching Pacheco with great interest! Anyone with more knowledge than me, is FSL still supposed to be pitcher friendly league? Were his offensive numbers highly ranked for league/ player age?.....

I went and looked and the league average ops for his A ball league this year was a .686 and he was at a .756 while being 2.1 years younger than average. 

Also he is 30th overall in OPS, not sure if they were younger or older but there were 5 other 19 year olds higher than him. 

Edited by RandyMarsh
  • Like 1