Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

1 hour ago, KL2 said:

Did we not see this with tork and Greene? Just cause I guy is doing well doesn't mean you have to rush him up to the majors.

The mistake with Tork was not giving him the shot, it was not recognizing when it was time to let him back down to catch his stride again. His time at AAA now can/should be more productive for him having had his weaknesses highlighted for him. 

13 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

I was curious on how some of our hitters did over July, so here are some quick highlights.

M. Sequera .266/.307/.532
C. Santana .273/.400/.424
W. Perez .322/.423/.627
D. Dingler .250/.377/.536
P. Meadows .275/.341/.438
I. Pacheco  .280/.342/.414
K. Carpenter .284/.376/.554
J. Crouch .297/.372/.500

So, all in July:

M. Sequera .839 OPS
C. Santana .824 OPS
W. Perez 1.050 OPS
D. Dingler .913 OPS
P. Meadows .780 OPS
I. Pacheco  .756 OPS
K. Carpenter .930 OPS
J. Crouch .872 OPS

And yet... everyone seems to think our current system is NO DIFFERENT than in 2016... NONE of those guys is better than Christin MTrucking Stewart or Jacoby Frickin' Jones!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I think Same Old Tigers has jaded everyone's view to the point that they can no longer see straight.

But then again.. maybe it's just me... NOT!!!

Edited by 1984Echoes

Of all of our minor league positions players, I'm most bullish about Wenceel, Keith and Crouch.  I like the guys who don't K a ton, which is unusual, especially in our organization.  Nice to see Carpenter improve his K rate at Toledo.  We saw the same with Kreidler last year when he was promoted.  Pacheco made big strides in Lakeland (vs. his debut last season).  I like him a lot, too.  I don't think he'll hit for as high of an average as Castellanos has mustered at times, but I think he'll have as good power (if not better) and be a plus defender.

18 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

So, all in July:

M. Sequera .839 OPS
C. Santana .824 OPS
W. Perez 1.050 OPS
D. Dingler .913 OPS
P. Meadows .780 OPS
I. Pacheco  .756 OPS
K. Carpenter .930 OPS
J. Crouch .872 OPS

And yet... everyone seems to think our current system is NO DIFFERENT than in 2016... NONE of those guys is better than Christin MTrucking Stewart or Jacoby Frickin' Jones!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I think Same Old Tigers has jaded everyone's view to the point that they can no longer see straight.

But then again.. maybe it's just me... NOT!!!

from the guy who said derrick hill was jacque jones...

I'm OK with having a few guys on the Tigers who are .240-.260 hitters, but are really good defensively and have a nice amount of pop (think 15-30 HR's or so) to go along with that. I think there are several guys we have, have lower hit tools than what the scouting reports said... but aren't going to Mendoza-Moya-Rey Rivera their way out of prospect status and may actually make it to MLB as that .240-.260 hitter with defense and Pop. 

Rogers has already shown that at Catcher... but we'll see how he comes back from Tommy John.

I thought Dingler had a higher hit tool but he's falling into that range, as is Parker Meadows (who I had actually written off as another Moya after his first couple of years in the minors...).

I have higher hopes for Wenceel's hit tool, as well as Keith, Carpenter, maybe Crouch too...

I'm a little uncertain how that will play out for Pacheco and Kreidler at this point... They don't need to hit as high as Castellanos though... not if the D is just so much better....

3 minutes ago, buddha said:

from the guy who said derrick hill was jacque jones...

There were no guarantees.

There were never any guarantees.

But on the flipside... If you have 12 guys who might turn into Jacque Jones, versus 1... might have a better chance of actually getting AT LEAST one Jacque Jones out of that, plus possibly one or two who might be even better, and the rest most likely will all flame out for one reason or another.

Versus ONE, for whom an Org will live or die with.

I prefer having this deep farm system, with a crapload of lottery tickets... rather than a system whose number TWO prospect is Christin frickin' Stewart and number FOUR prospect is Jacoby frickin's Jones.

Than a system with Michael Fulmer as its number ONE prospect and Beau Burrows its number FOUR prospect.

I'm done. I know exactly where I stand. And I know this system is worlds better than in 2016. And it's NOT EVEN CLOSE. 

I'm not going to be BS'ed by anyone anymore. If you can't see the difference, I can't help you.

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

There were no guarantees.

There were never any guarantees.

But on the flipside... If you have 12 guys who might turn into Jacque Jones, versus 1... might have a better chance of actually getting AT LEAST one Jacque Jones out of that, plus possibly one or two who might be even better, and the rest most likely will all flame out for one reason or another.

Versus ONE, for whom an Org will live or die with.

I prefer having this deep farm system, with a crapload of lottery tickets... rather than a system whose number TWO prospect is Christin frickin' Stewart and number FOUR prospect is Jacoby frickin's Jones.

Than a system with Michael Fulmer as its number ONE prospect and Beau Burrows its number FOUR prospect.

I'm done. I know exactly where I stand. And I know this system is worlds better than in 2016. And it's NOT EVEN CLOSE. 

I'm not going to be BS'ed by anyone anymore. If you can't see the difference, I can't help you.

i know youre serious by the amount of ALL CAPS you use.  🙂

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

Nobody is asking for your help.  Your enthusiasm is appreciated though!

Edited by Tiger337