Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

1 hour ago, Cruzer1 said:

I need to see Carpenter every day. Those two swings on the double and HR were really sweet, don't see many kids getting around on high cheese like that.

Yeah it was only 92 but considering it was up and away and he still managed to pull it to the right center field alley for a HR is pretty impressive. Usually the only way your hit a ball out like that is if you go oppo with it.

38 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Nice to see Carpenter do well but both hits were against just promoted pitchers and not MLB regulars. I think the home run on the high fastball is a swing and miss against most pitchers in the majors like we have seen previously. But it is progress so thats good.

Eli Morgan has pretty good numbers this year, fwiw. Not a slouch

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stanley70 said:

That is either good news on Keith, or bad news on Jobe.

Yeah, he listed the league top 50(no Tigers) then listed each team's top prospect which is where I saw Keith. I think he will release each team's rankings later in the week. Be interesting to see if Jobe is even at number 2 or if Jung and others passed him up.  BTW speaking of Jobe pick, he has Lawlar and Mayer 9 and 10 overall. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

5 hours ago, SoCalTiger said:

Nice to see Carpenter do well but both hits were against just promoted pitchers and not MLB regulars. I think the home run on the high fastball is a swing and miss against most pitchers in the majors like we have seen previously. But it is progress so thats good.

This isn’t aging well 🤪

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

Meadows with his 13th HR tonight for Erie.

It was an inside the parker but still hit it to the deep LCF, the two fielders collided it at the wall resulting in the ball going away. So even though it was an inside the parker it hit off the wall so not a total cheapie. 

It seems strange to have Carpenter and Perez down there at 15 and 16, when you consider the quantum leaps that they have made this year.  They have vastly exceeded their expectations at high levels of competition but they are still ranked behind some guys who have not played professionally at at all, or who have not set the world on fire at Lakeland.  It is all just speculation of course.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

It seems strange to have Carpenter and Perez down there at 15 and 16, when you consider the quantum leaps that they have made this year.  They have vastly exceeded their expectations at high levels of competition but they are still ranked behind some guys who have not played professionally at at all, or who have not set the world on fire at Lakeland.  It is all just speculation of course.

On the contrary, with the way some folks have talked about Carpenter since the call up, I'm surprised he's even ranked 15th.

Edited by mtutiger
  • Haha 1

Pipeline updated with new draftees. Top 5:

1. Jackson Jobe, RHP (41st in MLB)
2. Jace Jung, 2B (74th in MLB)
3. Wilmer Flores, RHP
4. Ty Madden, RHP
5. Peyton Graham, SS

Surprise for me in the inclusion of Elvis Alvarado who was a minor league Rule 5 pickup who is a converted OF and the dropping of Santana to 11th even with the solid showing he has had this season.

https://www.mlb.com/news/tigers-top-30-prospects-2022-midseason-rerank?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage