Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

8 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

exit velo.

As I happened to have the afternoon sports radio come on in my car today and I was amused to hear several minute's prattle regarding various silly betting options on sporting events, it struck me that there must be millions of people out there watching sports with no interest in the actual net outcome of the human competition and it seemed a fan more interested in how hard Tork hit the ball instead of the rare but absurd game outcome of the AB summed it all up.

Ah, I see where you where going with the over/under now.  It was a seed, just right at somebody.  Are there really over/unders on exit velocity outcome?  I know there are more in game bets these days, but I just assumed it'd be more along the lines of hit/out.

17 hours ago, TJ Rollercoaster said:

Revisiting and reframing a lengthy discussion from the old board - Is August OPS more important than other months' OPS?

(The original was about August RBIs if I recall correctly)

14 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

If it means he is starting to figure out AA pitching versus struggling at that level previously...

then I would say yes.

I would say if there is positive progression over time, that's a good thing.

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Jobe went 5 innings of 1 run ball with 3Ks and 1BB in his high A debut. 

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Jace Jung with his 1st professional HR in the first inning for the Whitecaps. Solo shot

Good summary for WM.

Erie: Both Dingler & Workman hit doubles today.

Dingler 3 for 5 with the double

Workman 1 for 4 with the double and a BB... and 2 K's.

Parker went 1 for 5... no K's

Wilmer Flores had an OK game: 6 inn's 7 hits 1 BB and 5 K's. But he gave up 2 HR's for 4 ER's.

Lakeland: Nothing exciting.

Toledo: Carlton just closed it out, Hens win 3-0...

Daz hit a triple 1 for 4.

Kreidler hit a double 2 for 4 and also his 14th SB this year (at Toledo that is...)

Tork 0 for 3 (meh) and a HBP

Bryan Garcia pitched 6 shutout inn's with 1 hit 1BB and 7 K's...

3 hours ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Daz and Tork went back-to-back with HR's...

Tork finished 2-3 with the HR, a BB, and no K's (and also his FIRST SB this year...!)

Daz finished 1-4 with just the HR and 3 K's (dropped to 5th spot this game).

Kreidler no hits but 2 BB"s and his 15th SB

Dingler, Erie, 1-4 with a double.

Dylan Smith at WM didn't have a great game: 3 1/3 inn's, 5 K's but 4 hits 3 BB's and 4 ER's

Campos at Lakeland with a double & triple 2-4.

Dan Serretti with a double, 1-2 with 2 BB's and a 1.253 OPS so far, but he's 22 (6th round pick this year) and needs to be pushed up to High A

Adinso Reyes (Int'l bonus baby) is only 20 and raked a .907 OPS at GCL but is struggling at A-ball so far (.606 OPS);  although today he did go 2-4 with a HR.

Quick hits:

Toledo W 3-0 - Wentz was talked about above but clearly had a good game. Tork went 0/3 with a walk and strike out. Lipcius with a HR; he is hitting .304 with a .821 OPS. Kriedler with a double on his way to a 1/4 performance.

Erie L 6-5 - Gipson-Long threw for 6 innings 6K and allowed 5 runs but only 3 earned. Workman had a HR but 2 strikeouts. Dingler walked 3 times and and went 0/1 otherwise. Meadows went 1/5 with 2K's. Moreno loses the game on a wild pitch.

WM W 5-1 - Guzman pitched 5 innings with 3 hits to go along with 4K's. Pacheco went 1/4 with 2 K's while Jung went 1/4 with two-bagger with 2 RBI's. Crouch landed in double digit home runs with his 10th of the year but also has 3K's.

Lakeland L 9-4 - Jordan Marks lit up for 4ER without getting out of the 1st. That being said the teenagers had a good game; Santana went 2/4 with a double and home run and 3 RBI's to lead the way. Sequera went 2/4 with a HR and a K and Campos went 2/4. Graham still struggling to find his footing it seems goes 0/4 with a BB and 2K.

10 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

Wentz: 6 shutout innings tonight with 4 base runners...

and so far at AAA: 3.18 ERA, 1.13 WHIP, 10 K's per 9 in 10 starts / 45 innings...

Worth giving him another shot IMO...

He's likely to get his shot.  The Tigers are probably due for another pitching injury soon.

this whole thread is like lucy with the football and were all charlie brown.

i'm ready for the new regime's draft picks.  i have little faith in anything acquired when avila was the gm.  greene looks ok.  but avila has even ruined the #1 pick in the draft TWICE. now we hear jung cant hit velocity?  so we drafted cristian stewart again?  only this time in round one.  sweet.

call me in 5 years when the next regime's picks are ready.

Just now, buddha said:

this whole thread is like lucy with the football and were all charlie brown.

i'm ready for the new regime's draft picks.  i have little faith in anything acquired when avila was the gm.  greene looks ok.  but avila has even ruined the #1 pick in the draft TWICE. now we hear jung cant hit velocity?  so we drafted cristian stewart again?  only this time in round one.  sweet.

call me in 5 years when the next regime's picks are ready.

Or when we're ready for a new regime.