Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

7 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

I could easily have missed it but I don't think Malloy has played an inning at 3b in 3 wks. Have to think that ship has sailed.

True.

And I guess here’s the other thing.  Fielding percentage isn’t the end all be all metric.  But, 3 different seasons of substantial below .900 at 3B?  That’s Elmnesque.

So, it’d be nice to here an inside scoop on his OF chops.  Is RF or 1B worth an effort?  The bat numerals look worth trying at the right time.  And I think the general preference is that hitters also field, part when they have age on their side.  Can his glove play somewhere or is there a potential of hiding one or the other of Malloy/Carpenter on a daily basis?

Edited by casimir

10 hours ago, Edman85 said:

No matter how much he rakes at Toledo, don't be surprised in Keith is held down until he can maintain rookie eligibility. Unless the Tigers somehow find themselves in contention before then, that is.

Reminder, he will need to be under 45 days of active (i.e. non-IL) service time and under 130 at-bats at season's end to be eligible for prospect lists and thus be able to net the Tigers a draft pick if he gets any award voting early on in his career. We are talking late August at the earliest. Patience...

Would be nice to reward him and get his feet wet as a September call-up.

Jobe worked 1 inning of scoreless ball(2hits though) for Lakeland tonight. I saw there was a delay in the 2nd earlier so I'm assuming that was why he only pitched 1 inning but not for sure. Atleast that is what I'm hoping and not because of an injury or something. 

On 7/3/2023 at 9:18 PM, RandyMarsh said:

Jobe worked 1 inning of scoreless ball(2hits though) for Lakeland tonight. I saw there was a delay in the 2nd earlier so I'm assuming that was why he only pitched 1 inning but not for sure. Atleast that is what I'm hoping and not because of an injury or something. 

Yeah looks like there was rain after the first batter in the 2nd inning. Last 2 starts have had delays which is annoying. 

Toledo W 7-3
Baddoo 0/3
Malloy 1/3 BB
Meadows 1/4 HR RBI 2K
Lipcius 1/3 2B RBI BB
Keith 1/4 2K
Maton 0/2 K RBI
Wentz 4.2IP 2ER 5BB 6K
Brieske 1.1 IP BB K ER

Erie W 6-4
Perez 2/4 HR 2RBI
Bigbie 2/5 RBI K HR
Workman 1/4 K
Montero 5IP 4H 1ER 2BB 4K

WM L 8-7 
Allen 1/4 BB 2K 2B
Jung 2/4 2 2B RBI BB K
Campos 1/4 RBI BB 2K
Pacheco 2/3 2RBI BB K
Alvarado 0.0IP 3H 2R 1ER

Lakeland W 6-3
Gold 1/4 RBI 2B
Santana 1/3 BB 2B

FCL W 10-7 
Gil 0/4 BB 2K
Briceno 4/5 3 2B 2RBI
Perez 2/5 3B 2K
Campbell 1/4 RBI BB 2K

3 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Anyone know why Greene was in the Tigers dugout yesterday?  Perhaps they planned to give him the day off in Toledo, and he drove up to hang with the Varsity?

Yeah that is precisely the reason I heard from I believe Beck. I think the Tigers brass notably Hinch and the coaches wanted to see how he was doing in person.

Toledo W 9-4
Baddoo 1/4 2K
Greene 5/5 2B RBI
Malloy 1/4 RBI BB 2K 
Meadows 2/3 2RBI 3B 2BB
Maton 2/4 2B 2RBI BB K
Lipcius 2/3 2RBI 2BB

Erie L 7-6
Cruz 1/5 2B K
Perez 1/5
Holton 1/5 RBI 2B/ .2IP 2BB 2 ER
Dingler 1/4 2B K