Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

28 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

He's getting close to the cusp of reasonable call up material - OPS, walk rate, power have all improved, but that 27-28% K rate is just kind of stuck there. Under 30%  so maybe not a total killer but it's certainly high enough to keep his future cloudy.

He made great strides in that regard last year in AA, so let's see if he can make the adjustments to how they are now pitching him.

6 hours ago, Dan Gilmore said:

I think it’s whether Meadows would be our CF of the future. If so, add the thump with Langford in RF. Maybe something else? @SoCalTiger

I have a wish that we could field a really fast OF of Greene/Clark/Meadows -tracking down balls, but that may never happen. 

Yes that was my reasoning but your outfield would possibly be the best defensively in baseball ? That would be great and still possible !

6 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

I don't think you can consider position too much at the top of a baseball draft, you have to go BPA. I think people are just surprised they had Clark higher on their board than Langford, but to listen to Harris and you hear him telling you that they aren't scouting performance as much as the factors they have identified as projectable.  I certainly can't pass judgment one way or the other on whether they are right, but just from what I've read about the two prospects, I can believe the Tigers probably think Lanford is already closer to his ceiling than Clark and that's why Clark was higher on their board.

This must be true because Langford walked more than he struck your while slamming home runs in the SEC so the performance is everything Harris preaches.

5 hours ago, Edman85 said:

Folks... I figured out how the 180-man minor league roster limit works. TLDR, expect about 5-10 players to be released in the coming weeks as draft picks and UDFA start to filter in...

They released Steele Walker.

I used to work for a small company owned by a guy named Tyson Steele. He was well over six feet tall, but his real last name was Short, so he had his name changed to Steele. Did I mention this was a marketing company? And then one of the local TV stations was cycling through anchors as they do in this smaller market-and some other dude came on the air -Ty Steele!

7 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Gage Workman to the Development List 

That's a new one on me. ( /google/...) Still counts on the 180 but not on his team's roster.  OK, whatever.

Can't be a whole lot of optimism left for Workman - just misses too many pitches. 

My favorite Emily Waldon tweets are the ones where she presents a video of a player's swing without commenting on it...shouldn't a reporter with a focus on prospects provide some analysis?  Or am I just being a hater?

Edited by Shinzaki

2 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

My favorite Emily Waldon tweets are the ones where she presents a video of a player's swing without commenting on it...shouldn't a reporter with a focus on prospects provide some analysis?  Or am I just being a hater?

Any "analysis" she usually provides are of the vague "great makeup" or "easy guy to root for" type variety. I never actually see her provide any real substance. 

14 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Any "analysis" she usually provides are of the vague "great makeup" or "easy guy to root for" type variety. I never actually see her provide any real substance. 

I feel bad for her recent health challenges, but I really wish we had a different BA correspondent.