Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

4 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Why was Fenech blackballed? My vague recollection remembers some controversy about a Verlander injury or something from a reporter, was that him? 

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2019/08/24/houston-astros-justin-verlander-anthony-fenech-detroit-free-press/2099291001/

I could be wrong but I'm guessing this is part of it. 

Edited by LongLiveMaroth

I think he was blackballed because he was critical of the Tigers organization.

On another note...On two occasions, Fenech took my blog post and used it as his entire Free Press article.  He gave me full credit, so I loved it but it was strange that he did that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

I remember at the end, he was being really critical of the organization.  I was not sure whether he did that in response to the Verlander incident knowing that he was gone anyway or whether they dumped him for being critcial and used the Verlander incident as an excuse.  

3 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I remember at the end, he was being really critical of the organization.  I was not sure whether he did that in response to the Verlander incident knowing that he was gone anyway or whether they dumped him for being critcial and used the Verlander incident as an excuse.  

Ah yes I remember that as well, probably used that incident to push him out as well. 

9 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

but he was also a total jerk and he was always pushing a step beyond the limit. I remember him getting in trouble at ST because he would not abide by the filming rules and kept trying to shoot surreptitious video on his cell phone. That kind of stuff wears out your welcome and means you're going to get no slack when other stuff hits the fan. I assume he found some other career because he seemed to disappear with nary a trace.

Edited by gehringer_2

At the time there was also a story going around that Fenech had dissed Kate Upton in a way a husband might well not be willing to forgive. Considering the way other players and orgs supported JV even in contravention to league rules I think there's a fair chance something like that was at the root. It was striking how little support he got from anyone, even his editors didn't try to do  much for him in the end.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

I think he was blackballed because he was critical of the Tigers organization.

On another note...On two occasions, Fenech took my blog post and used it as his entire Free Press article.  He gave me full credit, so I loved it but it was strange that he did that. 

Crazy part is that it was about cat grooming.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

Well... It looks like he can play 3rd Base to me...

To us it looks that way but even last year some of the national talking heads were saying he is destined for LF.  I just wish that the organization would make a decision...is he a 2B, or a 3B?  And then whatever the decision is, put him there and leave him there.

Is there anyone in the organization who can make that definitive assessment?  What does Trammell do for a living?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Hens lose 8-2. Malloy 2/4 HR(15); Meadows HR(13); Keith IF single BB

That's some nice power from Malloy in 83 games.  His previous career high, at lower levels, is 17 for a full season.  He's playing like a guy who hits 25 homers and draws 100 walks.

I've noticed him for a few outfield assists lately, I know that sometimes those can be like hockey assists, but a LF who throws a runner out at second probably made a good play.

And, he's 23.

• Like 1