Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

Colt Keith with the extra inning game winning RBI double leading off the 10th for the Hens. Wenceel drives him in with an insurance run Sac Fly.

Keith 2/5, Malloy 2/4, Meadows 1/2 BB SF, Wenceel 1/3 BB SF

Hens had a shot to win in the 9th with a man on and Malloy and Meadows coming up, but Meadows was HBP and Malloy K'd.

Edited by gehringer_2

13 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Colt Keith with the extra inning game winning RBI double leading off the 10th for the Hens. Wenceel drives him in with an insurance run Sac Fly.

Keith 2/5, Malloy 2/4, Meadows 1/2 BB SF, Wenceel 1/3 BB SF

Hens had a shot to win in the 9th with a man on and Malloy and Meadows coming up, but Meadows was HBP and Malloy K'd.

Keith seems to be playing more 2B in Toledo than he did in Erie.  

image.png.aa2b8b8d88c07eba52237ef822873b99.png

Toledo W 6-4
Meadows 0/2 RBI BB
Malloy 2/5 RBI K
Keith 2/5 3RBI 2 2B 
Perez 1/3 RBI BB 2B K
Kreidler 0/5 2K

Erie L 8-4
Cruz 1/4 RBI
Bigbie 1/4 
Jung 0/3 BB
Serretti 1/3 BB
Hurter 3.2IP 5ER 3BB 6K

WM PPD

Lakeland W 8-4
Stephenson 2/5 2B 2SB (51 on the season)
Santana 1/4 2RBI BB K HR SB
Dingler 1/3 BB 2B
Bastidas 3/5 2 2B
Sequera 1/5 2RBI HR
Lee 0/3 2BB

Jobe had a spinal fracture?  I thought it was a "lat strain"...my niece was a travel league softball plyer who had to quit because the constant reps involved in essentially working and playing almost all year caused her to develop stress fractures in her spine.

Scary stuff....

6 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Still, not ready?

his Toledo numbers are nice, but don't scream: I demand to be promoted. Defense is still a work in progress. They are not going to exhaust his rookie eligibility by playing him in some meaningless August 2023 games. he would be 22 on Opening Day 2024.

Edited by RatkoVarda

Just now, RatkoVarda said:

his Toledo numbers are nice, but don't scream: I demand to be promoted. Defense is still a work in progress. They are not going to exhaust his rookie eligibility by playing him in some meaningless August 2023 games. he would be 21 on Opening Day 2024.

September call up? Just to get his feet wet?

5 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

that would unnecessarily burn a 40 man roster spot that Harris might want to churn all winter, but I would love to see him in Detroit this fall

I'm sure there are several players we could remove from the 40 man roster. It may even be addition by subtraction. Say...dumping Maton?

33 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

For anybody who has complained about lack of PT for Max Clark et. al. The FCL Tigers have 26 position players on their roster. They are really missing the second affiliate right now.

Is it typical to have that many position players on an FCL team?

15 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

No. Instead of two stateside complex league teams and a short season affiliate, there is one complex league team now (leaguewide rule).

Next year, domestic reserve roster lists will decrease, likely meaning this won't happen again.

I wonder if you will see fewer prospects coming to the FCL from the DSL because of that list decreasing. 

22 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

Is it the lack of the Connecticut team that is causing this?

well, lack of some team somewhere. Actually it seems untenable to have a 20 round draft and only one rookie league team to try to shoe horn most of them into. Maybe there was an assumption that with increasing numbers of college players being drafted some of them could start at higher levels, but even among college players you are only talking about players from the 1st couple of rounds likely to be able to go straight to A ball. That's not much of dent in your 20 rounds of players.  Baseball clearly hadn't thought the future out very clearly. What else is new? 

Edited by gehringer_2