Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

My AAT was Parker Meadows, not gonna lie when I picked him I thought he would've atleast been up for a cup of coffee in the majors by now but it seems that just isn't in the cards this year.  He's been pretty solid for the most part this year and has had some great stretches but he hasn't quite been as good as I thought he was gonna be after his Ruthian Spring Training. I was expecting an OPS of .900 or better with Toledo, basically be so good that he would have to force the Tigers hand but that hasn't quite been the case. 

19 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Eddys Leonard goes deep for his first HR with the Tigers down in Toledo, now sporting a cool 1.175 OPS in the 4 games since the acquisition. 

He’s only 22 and has had some success at the plate in the minors. Considering he was acquired for cash not a bad flyer. 

1 hour ago, SeattleMike said:

He’s only 22 and has had some success at the plate in the minors. Considering he was acquired for cash not a bad flyer. 

He was fairly well touted for a good minute at an early age in a loaded LAD system. If he can improve his D a bit - he was always seen as an offensive prospect with some pop and decent speed, BTW 22 at AAA is still young!

10 minutes ago, alex said:

He was fairly well touted for a good minute at an early age in a loaded LAD system. If he can improve his D a bit - he was always seen as an offensive prospect with some pop and decent speed, BTW 22 at AAA is still young!

Yes I was emphasizing his youth by listing his age

9 minutes ago, alex said:

Makes you wonder if he was part of the original deal, and they worked something out afterwards given that the Dodgers had designated him for assignment after taking him off their 40-man when they added a couple of pitchers.  

Toledo W 10-6
Meadows 2/4 BB K 2B
Malloy 1/4 RBI BB 2B
Perez 1/5 2RBI 3B
Kreidler 2/5 3RBI
Leonard 2/4 2RBI K HR
Turnbull 4.1IP 5H 3ER 6K
Vest 1IP 2K

Erie GM1 L 4-2
Cruz 0/3 K
Bigbie 0/2
Jung 1/2 2B RBI BB K
Serretti 0/3 K

Erie GM2 W 5-2
Cruz 2/3
Bigbie 0/3 RBI
Jung 1/4
Dingler 1/2 BB K 2B

WM L 5-1
Lee 1/4 2K 2B SB
Workman 0/4
Allen 0/4
Pacheco 0/3 2K

Lakeland L 10-7
Stephenson 1/5 K SB
Jarvis 1/5 K SB
Santana 0/4 RBI
Anderson 1/4 RBI
Bastidas 1/4
Sequera 1/2 2B 2RBI 2BB

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Edman would know about this if it is true but I heard the Dodgers created more room in their international pool at the deadline cause there is a guy they are targeting to sign, I wonder if the Leonard trade helped with that. 

No, they made a trade with the White Sox to get the bonus money, and they signed a foreign pitcher yesterday. I think Leonard was moved because they needed room on the 40 man roster.

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Edman would know about this if it is true but I heard the Dodgers created more room in their international pool at the deadline cause there is a guy they are targeting to sign, I wonder if the Leonard trade helped with that. 

No. Leonard was DFA to clear room for Amed Rosario on the 40 man roster. The Tigers did not trade any international slot money for him.