Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

4 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

I hope that Harris will be able to establish the kinds of international relationships needed to secure the higher profile guys that seem to sign elsewhere

I agree but the biggest thing is those higher-profile guys is they are usually locked in 3-4 years before they sign so it will be a while until we see the fruits of that labor. That being said hopefully the new leadership over the international side of things will bring those players here.

On 8/7/2023 at 12:12 AM, Tenacious D said:

Asking the analytically-minded hurler about the metrics on his cutter elicited a response that was preceded by a pregnant pause.

“I hate trying compare myself to this guy,” said Jobe. “I don’t think there’s been anybody like him, and I’m nowhere close to being who he is, but my cutter is pretty similar to Jacob deGrom’s slider at times. When it’s good, I throw it at 93 [mph] with negative-two horizontal and four vert. Like I said, on paper. Obviously, he does a fantastic job of locating his. It’s not just metrics that make a pitch good, it’s how you use it. My goal is to one day be anywhere as talented as he is.”

Yeah, I like this kid.

• Like 2

What I liked though is how he brought up how Gerrit Cole(like prime JV) has managed to stay healthy because he picks his spots when he wants to dial it up, unlike Degrom who would throw 102 from the opening pitch and in turn has been injured constantly. So even though he may emulate or compare to DeGrom stuff wise he seems to be wise enough to know that pitching like him isn't the best thing health wise. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

It appears Max should definitely be in Lakeland, is it just a matter of not having room there or something?

future gym teachers Seth Stephenson, Carlos Pelegrin, JD McLaughlin and Jose De La Cruz currently are in the Lakeland OF, so that should not be a problem

• Haha 2

In their latest update, Baseball America has Max Clark at number 15 overall, Colt Keith at 26. Langford at 13, Crews at 4. I think just yesterday they had Clark at 19, so he's moving up the list quickly. Walker Jenkins is at 16.

Edit: Oops, that was MLB.com's ranking.  Baseball America has Keith at 19, Clark at 21.

Top 100 Baseball Prospects (mlb.com)

Edited by Topliner1903

Toledo L 10-2
Meadows 1/4 RBI 2K
Malloy 0/4
Keith 1/4 K
Lipcius 1/4
Kriedler 0/4
Leonard 1/3 RBI K
Montero 5IP 8H 5ER 5K

Erie W 2-0
Jung 0/3 2BB K
Dingler 0/2 RBI 3BB
Serretti 1/4 K
Madden 7IP 2H 2BB 8K
Mattison 2IP 2K

WM W 6-2
Lee 1/5 HR 3RBI
Allen 1/5 2K
Gold 1/4 RBI K
Pacheco 0/3 2BB 2K
Melton 6IP 2ER 4K

Lakeland L 5-3
Santana 1/2 2RBI 2B 2BB 
Anderson 0/4
Sequera 0/4

FCL L 7-6
Clark 2/5 3RBI 2B HR 
Briceno 1/5 SB
Campbell 0/4 BB K
Gil 0/4
Rucker 2/4 RBI 2B
Dunford 1IP H BB K

12 hours ago, Topliner1903 said:

In their latest update, Baseball America has Max Clark at number 15 overall, Colt Keith at 26. Langford at 13, Crews at 4. I think just yesterday they had Clark at 19, so he's moving up the list quickly. Walker Jenkins is at 16.

Edit: Oops, that was MLB.com's ranking.  Baseball America has Keith at 19, Clark at 21.

Top 100 Baseball Prospects (mlb.com)

Clark at 15, Keith at 26, Jobe at 59, and Jung at 72. So 4 in the top 100. Royals have 0, Twins have 3, Guardians have 4. 

They also updated the top 30 with McGonigle rounding out the top 5. Bigbie is 21st.

• Like 1

Bunch of minor league updates in the Tigers injury updates today. Angel De Jesus had TJ surgery. Roberto Campos shoulder strain. Brady Cerkownyk, meniscus surgery. Navigato: shoulder sprain/surgery. Hess is currently out with a shoulder: it was an oblique earlier this year that sidelined him on the way back from TJ.

• Sad 1