Clark 0/4 BB K SB
Gil 2/3 BB K 2B
Briceno 0/3 BB
Campbell 0/3 BB K
Rucker 1/3 RBI BB K
Peck 0/3 SB BB
J. Diaz 1IP H 

22 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

FG has them 15th. obviously, these just don't matter much. can you graduate talent to the majors and trade talent when needed? that is all that matters. (I will note that Carpenter was never on many Top XX lists, because his rise was so fast, and then the next winter his prospects status was expired.)

I put a bit more stock in Fangraphs than in Pipeline. FG seems to be based on tools and performance, with exhaustive descriptions of each, while Pipeline seems more topline overview with perhaps some influence by narrative.

• Like 1

This may be something like projecting Hall of Fame trajectory based on rookie season, but based on what I’ve seen so far, I think there’s a decent chance Max becomes to first 20U position player to take the field for the Tigers since Cameron Maybin in 2007.

16 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I still think Turnbull has too much potential to just let go of so I would make room for him on the big league roster even if he still is struggling. Maybe pair him with Reese have them each go 3-4 innings.

I believe (and Edman will correct me if not) that if they option him now, he can be kept at AAA through the rest of the year but he'd have to be on the 25 man to start next season or he could walk. 

Faedo and Olsen are doing OK, we are committed to playing Manning, and Skubal and ERod make 5, so I don't why he should be on the Tigers roster getting hammered every 5 days - unless Harris has decided to play for a lottery ticket. 

Some guy's don't get their command back in their first season after TJ - a few never do.

Edited by gehringer_2

23 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I believe (and Edman will correct me if not) that if they option him now, he can be kept at AAA through the rest of the year but he'd have to be on the 25 man to start next season or he could walk. 

Faedo and Olsen are doing OK, we are committed to playing Manning, and Skubal and ERod make 5, so I don't why he should be on the Tigers roster getting hammered every 5 days - unless Harris has decided to play for a lottery ticket. 

Some guy's don't get their command back in their first season after TJ - a few never do.

And that’s not factoring in the weirdness earlier this season

46 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

I would be shocked if Turnbull isn’t called up when he has to be, unless he’s involved in the decision to stay in Toledo for further refinements.  If nothing else to eat some innings.

There are a lot of angles here. On one hand, maybe they'd just as soon see Wentz, Faedo, and Olsen get the innings? You're going likely to lose Turnbull after next season anyway - and of course he goes to 3rd year arbitration as well before you even get to see him in ST? If you keep him in Toledo his arb evaluation is going to be depressed maybe?

We don't really know yet what kind of attitude  - i.e. hard line vs softie - that Harris has a disposition to take.

EDIT: one other aspect that may or may not be at work is you have a young GM who may think it's worth his while to prove to Boras early that he won't be out maneuvered in the future, or conversely may want to make nice with him for future considerations. Anyway lots of agendas people might have here.

Edited by gehringer_2

Also he's not the only person in the office per the website. We're talking 81 road games plus Spring Training. So maybe 100 days or so on the road? For home games, especially with the pitch clock, a one o'clock game still has him out by four or five at the latest. Night games at the ballpark around 4:30 or so, still time to put in a few hours..

1 hour ago, Shinzaki said:

Team is going nowhere this year...bring Turnbull back to see of he can be fixed

It's basically a choice of which pitcher gets more value out of which assignment out of Feado, Olsen, Wentz, Turnbull. Turnbull needs mostly to pitch innings, don't know if matters so much against who - it's himself he as to battle at this point. He knows how to get people out once he is right, that's not so much a question. So that would be the rationale for keeping the younger pitchers up who still have to learn how to get ML hitters out. OTOH, you might decide Olsen or Wentz or Faedo are just over their heads in the majors and their fate is to be 4A backups kept at AAA so you you don't need to see them in Det anymore. I think it could go either way - and that's just on pitching grounds, there may be other contractual or FO issues that color things.

6 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

If he is in the minors the rest of the year, he won't hit 5 years of service time and would still have an option year left. They could absolutely option him in the spring if they so choose. Once he hits 5 years, he can just refuse to go down and they would have to option somebody else.

4 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

If he is in the minors the rest of the year, he won't hit 5 years of service time and would still have an option year left. They could absolutely option him in the spring if they so choose. Once he hits 5 years, he can just refuse to go down and they would have to option somebody else.

I said I’d allow it, already.

IMG_9207.gif

57 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

RIght! I wasn't thinking that if they keep him in Toledo his clock is frozen. IDK - I'm sure it would really tick him off if they played that kind of hard ball with him, and I suppose there is a risk getting that much on the bad side of S. Boras.  OTOH, if he's not getting anybody out, it's not fair to the fans in Det either.....🤷‍♀️

Toledo W 8-2
Meadows 1/5 RBI 3K
Malloy 0/1 4BB K
Keith 0/5
Nevin 4/5 3RBI 2HR 2B
Perez 1/3 2B BB 2K SB
Lipcius 1/3 2RBI HR K
Dingler 1/4 2K
Montero 5IP 10H 2ER 2BB 7K
Englert 2IP BB 3K

Erie W 7-6
Cruz 1/6 5K 2B
Bigbie 2/5 BB RBI SB
Jung 0/6 2K
Madden 5IP 4ER 5K 

WM W 4-3
Allen 1/4 BB K
Workman 1/5 RBI 2K
Pacheco 0/5 K
Melton 6IP 3H 1K (1.82 ERA on the season now)