Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

On 9/18/2023 at 8:28 AM, RatkoVarda said:

Henning has a piece out with Iapoce talking up JHM at 3b, Keith at 2b, Kreidler at SS.

JHM: Iapoce says it’s better to focus on improvements. “The work behind the scenes — people haven’t gotten to see all of that." “He’s gained confidence. He’s been making plays. He’s been good.”

Keith: “He’s improving at second,” Iapoce said. “His detail, his maturing in his practice work — what you come to understand is it’s not about the rep, it’s about respecting the rep.” “In his work since then (Trammell's visit),” Iapoce said, speaking of Keith, “you can see a little different focus on the details. He realizes it’s more than just taking 100 ground balls." “He’s maturing in his work. And it’s pretty cool to see.”

Kreidler: “He’s a game-changer at shortstop."

Does the longer the quote mean the less they can field ?

• Like 1

Win or lose today, Erie will host a game Tuesday night. Maybe the org would prefer Jobe pitch in front of the home crowd. I’m sure it would be a better turnout for Erie. 

Erie is currently conducting an online auction of special game worn jerseys for Alzheimer’s research. Most all the bid/asks are around $100 with the exception of Jobe’s jersey. It is currently listed at $260. The players signed their jerseys. 

Edited by 1776

20 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

No Sizemore?

I was going to drop Chris Brown’s name regarding third base. Wasn’t he the guy Sparky was so big on for a while? I looked Chris Brown up to verify my recollections. I found the following information. Who knew!

Wiki: After retirement, Brown lived in Houston, Texas, with his wife Lisa and their two children, Paris Brown and Gordon Pickett. In 2004, Brown worked in Iraq driving an 18-wheel truck delivering diesel fuel for Halliburton. He took fire on numerous occasions, including in a convoy that was attacked on April 9, 2004, in which six Halliburton drivers and one soldier were killed, and another driver was kidnapped and later released.[1] By 2006, Brown had returned to the United States.

Brown died at Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston on December 26, 2006, nearly a month after he suffered burns in a fire at a vacant house he owned in Sugar Land, Texas. He was 45 years of age.

2 hours ago, 1776 said:

I was going to drop Chris Brown’s name regarding third base. Wasn’t he the guy Sparky was so big on for a while? I looked Chris Brown up to verify my recollections. I found the following information. Who knew!

Wiki: After retirement, Brown lived in Houston, Texas, with his wife Lisa and their two children, Paris Brown and Gordon Pickett. In 2004, Brown worked in Iraq driving an 18-wheel truck delivering diesel fuel for Halliburton. He took fire on numerous occasions, including in a convoy that was attacked on April 9, 2004, in which six Halliburton drivers and one soldier were killed, and another driver was kidnapped and later released.[1] By 2006, Brown had returned to the United States.

Brown died at Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston on December 26, 2006, nearly a month after he suffered burns in a fire at a vacant house he owned in Sugar Land, Texas. He was 45 years of age.

That was quite a life he had post-baseball especially considering that Anderson suggested that he was too soft.  

On 9/22/2023 at 9:08 PM, LongLiveMaroth said:

According to Henning Jung to get reps at 3rd in AFL.

Lynn's an odd dude; I cannot tell when he is just riffing his own thoughts, making up contract clauses that don't exist, or has a real nugget of real info from a real source.

Not only is he hyping Jung at 3rd, but intimates Jung is the in majors next year, a lot early than just a September look.

Keith at 2nd, Jung at 3rd, Carp in RF and Malloy in LF would be, umm, an interesting defensive line up.

1 hour ago, RatkoVarda said:

Lynn's an odd dude; I cannot tell when he is just riffing his own thoughts, making up contract clauses that don't exist, or has a real nugget of real info from a real source.

Not only is he hyping Jung at 3rd, but intimates Jung is the in majors next year, a lot early than just a September look.

Keith at 2nd, Jung at 3rd, Carp in RF and Malloy in LF would be, umm, an interesting defensive line up.

Lynn already has Torkelson traded before any of the guys he has lined up to replace him have hit their first MLB HR, let alone 30 in a season. I think it's nice that he has the ambition to cover the Tiger minor leagues - and I doubt the News is paying him much to do it, but his writing has become caricature, both content and style wise.

Edited by gehringer_2

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Lynn already has Torkelson traded before any of the guys he has lined up to replace him have hit their first MLB HR, let alone 30 in a season. I think it's nice that he has the ambition to cover the Tiger minor leagues - and I doubt the News is paying him much to do it, but his writing has become caricature, both content and style wise.

He's also been trying to trade Skubal for a couple of years now.