Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

16 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

Tork with 2 HR's...one to RF off a 95 MPH sinker, the other a GS to left.   He also took a 95MPH middle/middle FB and shot it to RF for a solid hit.  Is he starting to get it ?

he still took a middle middle FB for a called strike one in his very 1st AB, but I'll give him a Ted Williams pass on the 1st pitch he sees in the game. Also have to give him props for reaching base twice against a position player pitcher - walk and HBP. Then again, maybe we should worry about his reflexes since he didn't get out of the way of a 56mph "slider."  :classic_laugh:

10 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

It all depends on which kind of hitter you think is going to fall off more against top pitching, and I think it goes either way. The real key for the playoff is hitters than bear down, adjust to what a pitcher is doing, and fight through tough ABs, the converse is a team that is concentrating on looking for mistakes to drive. The latter team may do well in the regular season, but they are going to suffer differentially in the playoff if they dont get a lot of mistakes to hit..... Of course it may also just come down to who can hit in the cold if the Series ends up North late in Oct. 🥶

Doing bad in the playoffs would be better than never getting even close to the playoffs!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

... and HBP. Then again, maybe we should worry about his reflexes since he didn't get out of the way of a 56mph "slider."  :classic_laugh:

I would have no worries about his reflexes if he stuck his arm out a little to "catch" that slider for the HBP. There are a few guys who specialize in getting on base using just that technique...

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

I would have no worries about his reflexes if he stuck his arm out a little to "catch" that slider for the HBP. There are a few guys who specialize in getting on base using just that technique...

And another Tiger connection - it was Hernan Perez lobbing for Louisville, a middle IF who came up with and played for the Tigers a bit in '13-'15 and is playing out the tail end of a journeyman's career back in AAA at age 33. McCosky will be sad he missed it.

Quite the offensive barrage tonight 

Toledo W 14-4
Meadows 3/6 RBI K 2B SB
Tork 3/4 6RBI BB K 2HR 
Dingler 2/6 RBI K
Leonard 0/1 RBI (Left with an injury 😬)
Bigbie 1/4 BB 2K
Faedo .2IP BB K
Hurter 6IP 6H 4K

Erie L 6-4 
Workman 2/5 RBI K 2B
Cruz 0/3 BB 2K
Hill 2IP 2ER 3K 3H

WM W 15-9
Anderson 5/4 4RBI 2 2B 2 HR
Gold 2/5 3RBI HR
Lee 1/5 3RBI K HR

Lakeland L 5-4
McGonigle 1/3 2BB SB
Clark 0/4 BB 2K
Gil 0/4
Santana 0/3 BB 2K
Castillo 4IP 4H 3ER 3BB 3K

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

one issue with Clark seems to be consistency. 3/4s interspersed with two or three ofers.

I think that just comes with a bit more time. Lucky for us the FSL has done a good job of having some stadiums with Statcast ability so when you look for his Ofers there are usually some high EV balls that are hit at people. Rarely does it seem that he doesn't get ahold of one or two balls a game and gets some high velocity behind them and put them in play.

• Thanks 1