Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

8 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Wonder how much runway Faedo needs before getting a looksie in the big leagues...

I would guess not much if Mize or Manning is out very long. Faedo's 26, he's over 500IP NCAA + MiLB. If he does continue to handle AAA hitters, there doesn't seem much of anything to gain for him at AAA.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I would guess not much if Mize or Manning is out very long. Faedo's 26, he's over 500IP NCAA + MiLB. If he does continue to handle AAA hitters, there doesn't seem much of anything to gain for him at AAA.

Sounds right, he may get some action soon.

2 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I never understood the term "shoving" for pitchers.  I know it's a word scouting types like to use, but it makes no sense for a pitcher.  Is there an origin I don't know about?  

I remember a guy who shoved the ball, he was in the Orioles bullpen in the late 60s and his name was Dick Hall, and of course we all referred to him as Dick All.  He was a right-hander who pushed the ball out from his right shoulder.  In our late teens in the late 60s, warming up before the game, half of the guys would be doing Luis Tiant and the other half would be doing Dick Hall.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I never understood the term "shoving" for pitchers.  I know it's a word scouting types like to use, but it makes no sense for a pitcher.  Is there an origin I don't know about?  

No, I don't know any origin story.  Its as you say: slang the cool kids use.  Hence, as an uncool kid I was using it ironically. 

Glad to see he pitched well.  That would be a nice story.

Edited by romad1

Short 3HR; Clemens HR as everyone hit in 14-0 win

Kreidler DNP; had 2 HBPs Tuesday, including one on his hand so hopefully no long term issue there

and for WMI, Dylan Smith had is 1st stumble after 3 impressive outings, 4 IP 5H 2BB HBP 3K 5R 

Edited by RatkoVarda

20 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

I remember a guy who shoved the ball, he was in the Orioles bullpen in the late 60s and his name was Dick Hall, and of course we all referred to him as Dick All.  He was a right-hander who pushed the ball out from his right shoulder.  In our late teens in the late 60s, warming up before the game, half of the guys would be doing Luis Tiant and the other half would be doing Dick Hall.

I was Luis Tiant.  I imitated him so much that it became my natural pitching motion.  When I pitched in Little League, I was pitching like him without even realizing it.  

Wenceel Perez 5/2 and his 4th HR tonight. 1.069 OPS at WM. What's up with that? - he's fallen off all the prospect lists.

Madden takes a loss despite giving up 0 ER in 5IP with only 3H 1 BB  4 K against 1 HR.

Parker Meadows with 3BB for Erie.

Hens: Wentz 4.2 IP, 2H 0R 2BB 4K. Short with a 1.015 OPS and we are watching Harold giving up defensive runs by the carton.

Edited by gehringer_2

14 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Wenceel Perez 5/2 and his 4th HR tonight. 1.069 OPS at WM. What's up with that? - he's fallen off all the prospect lists.

Madden takes a loss despite giving up 0 ER in 5IP with only 3H 1 BB  4 K against 1 HR.

Parker Meadows with 3BB for Erie.

Hens: Wentz 4.2 IP, 2H 0R 2BB 4K. Short with a 1.015 OPS and we are watching Harold giving up defensive runs by the carton.

Should be noted, for all the Harold talk, that Kreidler is on the IL... hopefully nothing too serious