Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

1 minute ago, slothfacekilla said:

Another one

Today is pleasant surprise day.

This one is a real surprise because Jung didn't need to be added to the 40 man roster but I guess Harris wants to see what they have going into 2025.

Edited by Tigermojo

Posted (edited)

Gio and Zach can join the quilting circle for the rest of the season.

Seriously though, I'm sure McK did not do himself any good with Hinch by failing to get a game tying runner over two days in a row.

Edited by gehringer_2

11 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

It's probably Gio and Akil.

Yeah - you have to assume with another 3B showing up that Vierling stays in the OF for the time being. Vierling, Carpenter, Meadows, Malloy and Riley is probably back in a week so Akil is on the bubble. How much are they going to hedge their bet that Yung can actually play a competent 3B at this level?

33 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

My uneducated guess is that Baez is hurt and going on the IL or Urshela is getting released so he has a chance to catch on with a playoff team.

If today is the result of playing hurt, Javy needs to do it more.....

...:classic_sleep:

3 minutes ago, casimir said:

Wow, Sweeney and Jung?  Just in time for the playoff push, too.

Crazy, right? Just posted this on the 2024 thread. Wild card deficit is down to 7.5. KC is done with CWS while Det has 7 left with them. Maybe there's still a slim, slim chance

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

It's probably Gio and Akil.

I could see it go either way on McK vs Gio. You have Javy to play SS if Sweeney flops, if Jung flops maybe you want to retain Gio - who has been the better fielder and hitter than McKinstry. So I could see them parting ways with Zach. You still have Vierling that can go IF <--> OF. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SoCalTiger said:

Urshela Badoo and McKinstry not in 2025 plans so with Greene coming soon and Jung and McSweeny called up they all are most likely gone. Urshela and Badoo could be useful bench pieces for a playoff team so probably waived ?

Gio is a FA so if Jung is not the answer at 3b you have to go get someone in the off-season anyway - or start a little game of musical IF chairs and see if between Sweeney, Keith, Yung Baez you can come with a 4 IFs all playing their position well enough ( e.g. the Keith/Yung swap that has been mentioned).  At any rate the point being that the downside risk to let Gio (or McKinstry) go now is not that great.

Edited by gehringer_2

5 hours ago, SoCalTiger said:

Urshela Badoo and McKinstry not in 2025 plans so with Greene coming soon and Jung and McSweeny called up they all are most likely gone. Urshela and Badoo could be useful bench pieces for a playoff team so probably waived ?

Yeah Baddoo is going to stick around the peripheries of MLB for years and make some pretty decent money.  He is a LHB with power and speed, and teams with hubris will think that they can fix his hit tool.  You know, the way that the Braves' video guys fixed Robbie Grossman in 2 days.

Good luck to him, he seems like a nice kid, I hope he does well.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, monkeytargets39 said:

Max Clark homered for WM

Liranzo 1-1 with 4 BBs

I am eager to see an outfield of Meadows, Greene, and Clark.  I've always wanted speedy, rangey, athletes in that OF.  Its just never come to pass.  I suppose that there is downfall to that trio as far as arm strength and maybe it won't be the strongest offensively in terms of HR.  But that offense could be offset on the basepaths and with the defense.

• Like 1