Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

3 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Where's Tork?

He has Friday night off...?

Adduci is in Toledo and needed a driver for the night...?

On the bench, reminiscing with Greene about the good old days while Navigato says you should call me up too.

Just now, Tigermojo said:

Right handed McKinstry if your infield is Jung, Sweeney and Keith.

I don't know if he's a "real" SS.

I think Baez may be converted to next year's McKinstry.

Which makes Navigato more of an Urshela...

I think...

8 minutes ago, casimir said:

So, Eddys Leonard....  A bit of a darling of the upper minors last year, struggling through injury and inconsistency this year.  If I read @Edman85's file right, he has one option season left?  Or is this his final option season?

This is his final option season, but he should be eligible for a fourth option. A lot of guys will be thanks to the lost 2020 year.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Out of options next year of guys currently on the 40-man: McKinstry, Wentz, Faedo. Maybe Madris if he spends 20 days in Toledo.

Nothing to see here.  Only concern might be Faedo, though he probably has a spot in the pen.  And if he doesn’t earn that, it won’t be a loss to lose him.

• Like 1

Mize pitching in AAA tonight.

So far: 3 Inn's, 3 Hits, 2 BB's, 1 run, 5 K's.

I think 2025 Mize tells us who he is. He's either a mid-rotation guy, or a bottom of the rotation guy.

I won't mind it if he ends up as the #5 starter (Skubal-Flaherty (hopeful FA signing) - Olson-Maeda-Mize).

But that WOULD be a disappointment. Can he do better than that?

We shall see.

Edited by 1984Echoes

If we say no rotation FA signed this offseason...

Then we're looking at/ deciding in Spring Training: who comes after Skubal-Olson-Jobe (IMO), between Mize, Maeda, Montero, possibly Manning again? To fill in two spots. I'm not certain who else will toss their hat into that ring...

But I think we could get some decent rotation pitching out of that mix.

I would just feel a whole lot better adding a Flaherty into the mix.

Not just Harris deciding on whether to bring him back or not... But I think the Dodgers will really want to keep him and LA will look so enticing to him...

But if it were up to me (yeah.. obviously not...): I would sign Flaherty and trade for Mason Miller and Andrew Nardi.

Agree too early for Jobe but do expect him earlier.  And I hope they do sign at least one starter.  As we've seen this year, starters can disappear quickly.  Flaherty was such a winning situation.  We got great pitching out of him and two respectable prospects.  Had we been in the playoff hunt, he would have been instrumental and afterwards he signs an extension / Tigers get a high compensation pick.  Hard to repeat that, but the tigers are showing some skill in developing pitchers. Just amazed at the pitching we have been getting as of late from "projects".

MLB is considering requiring starters go a certain number of innings to stop the one-inning starter Hinch has been using.  I hope they don't.  Adds an interesting level of strategy to the game and its brilliant.  I don't know the stats, but making sure the other teams top hitters don't get a third at bat against a pitcher must have a lot of value.