Campos 1/4 RBI K HR
Pacheco 2/4 RBI K HR 
Marcano 6IP 7H 3BB ER 6K

Lakeland L 9-4
Briceno 0/4 K
Montilla 1/4 2K 2B
Ashman 1IP H 3ER BB 2K

4 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Any idea why High A has finished their season earlier, or is it that Erie and Lakeland are playing in their respective playoffs?

I believe it is as simple as the minor league season lengths are collectively bargained now. I don't have the text of it, but from the Athletic:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/4377736/2023/04/03/minor-league-baseball-cba-union/

Minimum season length

Rookie: 16 weeks
Low A: 22 weeks
High A: 22 weeks
Double A: 23 weeks
Triple A: 24 weeks
Spring training: 4 weeks

Just now, monkeytargets39 said:

Do we bring Wenceel back up for Malloy if he’s ready before the season is over?  Between Greene/Carp/Meadows/Vierling, playing time is getting tough to come by now.

He was only hitting left handed in games. I'm not sure if he's ready to hit right handed yet.

Toledo W 9-2
Perez 1/3 RBI BB K
Leonard 1/5
Bigbie 2/5
Lockhart 5IP 3H 4BB 6K

Erie W 10-6
Workman 1/3 2RBI 2BB
Anderson 2/5 RBI 2B
Owens 1.1IP H 2K 

The Tigers will have an interesting case for their 40-man with Workman. Since 7/1 he has been hitting .324/.389/.541 good for 164 wRC+ (ballooned by a .434 BABIP to be fair) and while he is K'ing at a 27% clip during that time he is also walking at a 10% clip. 

Edited by LongLiveMaroth

5 hours ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Toledo W 9-2
Perez 1/3 RBI BB K
Leonard 1/5
Bigbie 2/5
Lockhart 5IP 3H 4BB 6K

Erie W 10-6
Workman 1/3 2RBI 2BB
Anderson 2/5 RBI 2B
Owens 1.1IP H 2K 

The Tigers will have an interesting case for their 40-man with Workman. Since 7/1 he has been hitting .324/.389/.541 good for 164 wRC+ (ballooned by a .434 BABIP to be fair) and while he is K'ing at a 27% clip during that time he is also walking at a 10% clip. 

I’ve already been told that we shouldn’t pay any attention to Workman’s statistics this season. 

(but I do agree with you)

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

Isn't that kind of the running joke this season about Workman - that no matter what he does there nothing he can do to change the minds made up about him?

Ah... I didn't know that was a running joke...

I thought maybe a "commanding voice" from the sky said "It's not real" or something like that...

1 minute ago, 1984Echoes said:

Ah... I didn't know that was a running joke...

I thought maybe a "commanding voice" from the sky said "It's not real" or something like that...

Maybe I've over read it but it seems I've heard at least a few people dismiss Workman since he started putting up better numbers this season. And TBF, maybe for good reason. Doing well in the minors doesn't always mean you don't still have weaknesses that would be fatal in the show and since I don't see MiLB games I'm in no position to argue.

8 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Maybe I've over read it but it seems I've heard at least a few people dismiss Workman since he started putting up better numbers this season. And TBF, maybe for good reason. Doing well in the minors doesn't always mean you don't still have weaknesses that would be fatal in the show and since I don't see MiLB games I'm in no position to argue.

A 24 year striking out nearly 28% in AA is the profile of somebody you'd expected to fall off a cliff and post a 35%+ K rate against MLB pitching.