Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

6 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I will need to figure out how to watch games if the Tigers make the playoffs.  I have been watching mlbtv the last couple of years and have no tv service.  I know streaming is supposed to be easy but I have idea how to do it or whether my tv is quipped for it. yeah, I'm a boomer! 

I just have rabbit ears for network tv.

13 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I will need to figure out how to watch games if the Tigers make the playoffs.  I have been watching mlbtv the last couple of years and have no tv service.  I know streaming is supposed to be easy but I have idea how to do it or whether my tv is quipped for it. yeah, I'm a boomer! 

as a rough generalization you can stream most services directly to any TV that runs some version of WebOS and has an ethernet port or WiFi. But even if your TV doesn't, all you need is an HDMI cable with something on the other end that will talk to your laptop (HDMI. miniHDMI, DP, USB C)  and you just stream to the laptop's browser and run the big screen as a second display.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

If you can afford it, you can order the playoff package with mlbtv

4 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Same here. Probably with one month of YouTube tv. 📺 

8 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

🏴‍☠️

If you have the mlb tv(or mlb not sure which one at the moment) app you can utilize it on your tv, provided it's a smart tv of some type and watch via the app can do the same on your laptop, phone, tablet etc.

Fun part is the MLB.tv subscription gives you access to all the minor league team games as well.  Typical night here is Tigers on one monitor and one or two Tiger minor league games on the others.

Edited by SkyBlue

14 hours ago, TigerNation said:

A 24 year striking out nearly 28% in AA is the profile of somebody you'd expected to fall off a cliff and post a 35%+ K rate against MLB pitching.

still lots of Ks, but Workman's red hot 2nd half has him pushing 900 OPS v RHP; can play SS, 3B, CF; looking at 20 HR/30 SBs; he may not fit in Det with Sweeney, Jung and (maybe) McKinstry, but not that hard to roster him as Rule 5 pick if Tigers don't put him on the 40

3 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

still lots of Ks, but Workman's red hot 2nd half has him pushing 900 OPS v RHP; can play SS, 3B, CF; looking at 20 HR/30 SBs; he may not fit in Det with Sweeney, Jung and (maybe) McKinstry, but not that hard to roster him as Rule 5 pick if Tigers don't put him on the 40

Yeah, I could see some intrigue there. But also not really enough to worry about losing him, especially cause he's have to skip AAA. And it's entirely possible he could completely fall on his face just in jumping from AA to AAA 

With the extra Wild Card team now which brings so many teams into play it's hard to think of many teams that have no realistic shot at the playoffs when the season begins which is where you would have to be to probably take a guy like Workman knowing he would have to be on your big league roster.  Long way of saying that I would feel pretty confident that he wouldnt get drafted if left unprotected.

The only way I could see it is if a team like Oakland who is good at finding these flawed players that have upside sees something in his K rate that they feel can fix or atleast drastically improve upon and takes a flyer on him. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

Hadn't noticed that Matt Manning made his 2nd start for the Hens since coming back from the IL. Gave up 2R in 3 IP in his 1st start, 1R in 3 IP tonight. But 63 pitchers to get through 3!

Been around forever but still only 26.

Edited by gehringer_2