Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

3 hours ago, casimir said:

I was looking at the roster on MILB, and even with the 7 day ILs taken into account, the Mud Hens appear to have 17 Ps, 4 Cs, 6 IFs, and 4 OFs.  Seems a bit over the limits?  Must be some headshots need to be taken down off of the site?

Limits are now organizational... the individual team rosters don't have limits anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Edman85 said:

Limits are now organizational... the individual team rosters don't have limits anymore.

OK, no overall roster limit, but an active roster limit of 28 for games at AAA & AA.  I guess I didn't realize that had changed last season.

5 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Wait, so after an all-word week, his OPS in AA creeps over .800 and those of us pumping the breaks are negative nancies?

I mean, it may be time to pump the breaks on projecting him to be a glorified Jake Rogers.... the reality is that we don't know what he'll become. And that's OK.

13 minutes ago, buddha said:

his second stint in double a.

Hardly a repeat stint... midseason promotion last year, and he got hurt on top of that. He was promoted last June 14, and was effectively done for the season August 4.

• Thanks 1

Kerry Carpenter up to Toledo...

He's always been interesting to me. Completely under the radar, but obviously they saw something with the aggressive assignment to Erie last year. He hasn't blown Erie away, but this clears up a log jam in Erie with De La Rosa back, and random utility infielders plugging outfield spots in Toledo.

On 5/6/2022 at 6:58 AM, mtutiger said:

I mean, it may be time to pump the breaks on projecting him to be a glorified Jake Rogers.... the reality is that we don't know what he'll become. And that's OK.

Do we even really know what we have in Jake Rogers ? Or don't have.

with alex faedo's appearance the other day, the tigers' 2017 draft has now produced a grand total of -.2 war.

which is better than 2016 which has produced a grand total of -.4.

which is better than 2015 which has produced a total of - 1.5!

give 2017 some time and it may start racking up enough negative war to catch 2015.  in fairness to 2016 and 2015, at least they have guys who will make the majors.  unlike 2017.  where have you gone rey rivera, our nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

1 minute ago, buddha said:

its amazing to me that avila still has a job.

I believe, and have for some time, AA has Illitch so snowed and in the dark on what really is going on in the organization that Illitch doesn’t care to be alarmed. 
Or, AA is following Illitch’s orders to the letter and he has nothing to worry about.

None of this mess makes sense. Fans were expecting more this year. The eternal rebuild continues.

1 hour ago, Longgone said:

The beginning of his second year in pro ball.

The speed with which Tork/Greene moved (along with the injury) really adjusted perceptions to make it seem like Dingler has moved slower than he has through the system that he actually has.

If he continues to hit as he has this past weekend, one imagines he could make an appearance in AAA before hitting a season's worth of AA plate appearances

20 hours ago, Edman85 said:

Kerry Carpenter up to Toledo...

He's always been interesting to me. Completely under the radar, but obviously they saw something with the aggressive assignment to Erie last year. He hasn't blown Erie away, but this clears up a log jam in Erie with De La Rosa back, and random utility infielders plugging outfield spots in Toledo.

Unranked by MLB Pipeline and Fangraphs for the Tigers top prospects. I imagine the projectors can miss guys when they have to do 30 orgs, although may they are aware and see him as an org type?