Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

Brad (NJ):

• JJ thanks for all your hard work. What 3 prospects have increased their stock the most in 2022? Chourio, Waldichuck, Lawler, Tovar, Nelson Velasquez, Wesnescki, Bello, Shushter?

J.J. Cooper: I can tell you are on top of things and read a lot. Increase the most? I would say Churio. The others have all increased their stock but all came from reasonably high stock levels coming into the year. And even in Chourio's case, he's not an Elly de la Cruz. Chourio was a top international propect, where de la Cruz was an under-the-radar signing who has blossomed. I'll give you one you didn't name. Tigers RHP Wilmer Flores. NDFA in 2020. Significant prospect now.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/hot-sheet-chat-51722/

Garrett Hill is old (26), was a 26th rounder and doesn't throw that hard, but he continues to put up good numbers at each level.  His 14.6 k/9ip rate in AA this year is very impressive.  I imagine he's a future reliever, but could he be a late bloomer?    

1 hour ago, RatkoVarda said:

is the extreme set up toward 1b supposed to help with RH or LH batters?

IIRC a lefty from TB (McClanahan?) was doing the same thing on the 3b side. It gets your release point closer to the mid line of the field so the theory would be it cuts down the advantage to the opposite side batter.

• Like 1