Furry Friends

21 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

My dog gave me a black eye     This picha was taken about an hour after the incident.    Sweet Lucy is tryin to blind me.   

I bent down to pick up some dirty clothes on the floor and the same time she went to jump on the bed and her coconut head walloped me in the eye.  I was wearing reader glasses..........they were in pieces all over the room (think Joey Bats getting hit by Odor) and it was the glasses that cut my eye brow.     My eyelid is now a combination of red, dark purple, yellow, kind of like a sunset).   Sweetest dog ever, but she's a handful.    

But did you learn your lesson?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

My dog gave me a black eye     This picha was taken about an hour after the incident.    Sweet Lucy is tryin to blind me.   

I bent down to pick up some dirty clothes on the floor and the same time she went to jump on the bed and her coconut head walloped me in the eye.  I was wearing reader glasses..........they were in pieces all over the room (think Joey Bats getting hit by Odor) and it was the glasses that cut my eye brow.     My eyelid is now a combination of red, dark purple, yellow, kind of like a sunset).   Sweetest dog ever, but she's a handful.    

May be an image of 1 person

Yeah, but how’s Lucy? 😁

• Like 3

I dont generally open up about personal things, but within a two day span we had to say goodbye to both of our Basset Hounds. Almost 13 and 12 respectively.

Nothing really prepares you for losing both that quickly, though they were both close in age and close generally. :(

Edited by mtutiger
  • Sad 5

9 hours ago, mtutiger said:

I dont generally open up about personal things, but within a two day span we had to say goodbye to both of our Basset Hounds. Almost 13 and 12 respectively.

Nothing really prepares you for losing both that quickly, though they were both close in age and close generally. :(

Very sorry to hear that. No matter how long you have them, it never feels like enough time....

• 4 months later...
31 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

sad day here. I will be losing my best friend when the home euthanasia service gets here in a few hours. 20 years (18 with me) is a long time for a cat, but I think we all know that it's never long enough. rest easy, bud.

jack01.jpg

jack15.jpg

PXL_20221225_055031591.jpg

PXL_20230831_033019664~2.jpg

I'm so sorry! You're right, it's never enough time. Both of you are in my thoughts.

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

We had to put one of our cats down a few months ago and my wife, who has generally complained about the cats, wanted to get another cat. I was torn. I did but I didn’t. I finally relented. So we brought home a black cat with Batman ears. My wife, in a surprise move, wanted her brother as well. So now else have two 3-month-old panthers in addition to our less-than-pleased calico. 

IMG_4974.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

We had to put one of our cats down a few months ago and my wife, who has generally complained about the cats, wanted to get another cat. I was torn. I did but I didn’t. I finally relented. So we brought home a black cat with Batman ears. My wife, in a surprise move, wanted her brother as well. So now else have two 3-month-old panthers in addition to our less-than-pleased calico.

aw, so sorry you lost your furball. but congrats on the new cuties!

Edited by Crazy Cat Gentleman

8 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

They didn't know if she'd survive 6 months after several cancer surgeries. 

2 years later she's still here - still health - and terrified of thunder (which means I got not sleep Tues night).   Sweetest dog ever - not a mean cell in her body.   Lucy !

image.thumb.jpeg.71bee8254b84ef4268c170addf588a6e.jpeg

Looking good, Lucy! ❤️. (That was my pooch’s name, too. Perfection 😁)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smr-nj said:

Looking good, Lucy! ❤️. (That was my pooch’s name, too. Perfection 😁)

First bitch I have ever had  (I can call her that and it's not an insult, LOL).      Always had boy dogs.      I have no real complaints.  She was 5 when I got her.  She settled in and took ownership of my house in about 12 hours.   Like I said, she has NO meanness of any measure, she doesn't even play bite.    Her nails are like talons   I have scars from her (scars of affection).  I have tried to clip them but she won't let me.  I have to have someone do it.  I am working so much every day that I haven't found time.     I do wish she'd play ball.   She does not fetch, she won't play with a ball.  I think she wonders "what's the point of all this?".    I will never bond with a dog or maybe any other living thing like I did with my dog Diego.   My girlfriend said "you two were like brothers", but Lucy makes everything alright.   Best part of my day is the greeting when I get home.   She gives me a great big hug and scratches the hell out of me.  It solves all the world's problems for about 5 minutes.        Got to get her to chill when she sees other dogs on the walks.  She's nutso, but not in a mean way, she just wants to be with the other dogs - all of them.   She's 7 now, so I don't know if training is possible.     I took her on knowing that I might only have a short time with her and I did it because of the way she greeted me when I met her.  I figured that if she's going out, she's gonna go out living a happy life.     So far so good.   

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2024 at 7:38 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

She does not fetch, she won't play with a ball.  I think she wonders "what's the point of all this?".

She doesn't look at all like one but this is common trait in sled dogs/nordics. They may go get a ball once, after that it's "I brought it back for you once, why did you lose it again?" or they go get it and just keep it so you can't lose it again.