Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I really doubt he runs it back again. If he was going to do it though, that's the place to go. He'll be 46, and while I'm never one to doubt him, there have been signs of him actually being a human this year. Through 13 games he's on pace to throw for the fewest number of TDs since 2001.

all true, but the niners have an offensive line unlike tampa bay.  san fran is his home too.  or at least where he grew up.

and he doesnt seem like a guy who realizes that he might not have it anymore.

(and he just lost a ton of money)

1 hour ago, slothfacekilla said:

Dan Campbell's interview on McAfee's show today was great

It's about an hour and 26 minutes into the show or so

I think the sign of a good leader is giving credit publicly to others, & at times allowing yourself to be self-deprecating.  So many "alphas" will never allow themselves to look silly - DC does that beautifully.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedRamage said:

No photo description available.

Would Fenway somehow be the best Dual Purpose Stadium?!?

I don’t think any team at the college or professional level would ever agree to share a sideline with the other team in a non-exhibition game. It’s a recipe for disaster.

I also don’t think the capacity would be sufficient for anything above a low-level ACC team or an Army/Navy/UMass.

It’s cool as an exhibition spot though.

2 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I don’t think any team at the college or professional level would ever agree to share a sideline with the other team in a non-exhibition game. It’s a recipe for disaster.

I also don’t think the capacity would be sufficient for anything above a low-level ACC team or an Army/Navy/UMass.

It’s cool as an exhibition spot though.

Yeah it seem like there's sufficient room on the other side honestly so I dunno why they are sharing a side line.  If they really think it's too small on the one side, pivot on the top left corner of the field and swing the bottom to the left a bit.

I hadn't really thought about capacity... I was more just looking at distance from the field for the fans.  Many other multi-purpose stadium end up with HUGE field space with the fans well removed.  Here the only spot where that happens is the green monster.  Heck, put some collapsible seating in the wall that can slide out during football games and you could increase capacity while also further eliminated 'wasted' space.

For the record: I seriously doubt it would ever happen... just thinking out loud.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

I was more just looking at distance from the field for the fans.  Many other multi-purpose stadium end up with HUGE field space with the fans well removed. 

That’s my biggest gripe with the hockey rink on a football field. You can fit 110,000 in Michigan Stadium for Michigan/MSU or Wings/Hawks but good luck knowing what’s going on if you’re there.

It’s a cool one-time experience but wouldn’t work long-term.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RedRamage said:

I was more just looking at distance from the field for the fans.

Tiger stadium was basically a square field, when the Lions played there it was pretty much a mile to the the seats along either sideline. Hard to imagine that in its early days the the NFL was such a poor sister that a lot of teams played a lot years in terrible venues.

Edited by gehringer_2

22 hours ago, RedRamage said:

Yeah it seem like there's sufficient room on the other side honestly so I dunno why they are sharing a side line.

I'm not sure if available room is the issue on the one sideline... my thought is it might be more of an issue with fan sightlines.  There are only so many seats in Fenway and it would stink to lose more because the lower seats along that area would have their view blocked by players/coaches and equipment.

2 minutes ago, MotownWebGuy said:

I'm not sure if available room is the issue on the one sideline... my thought is it might be more of an issue with fan sightlines.  There are only so many seats in Fenway and it would stink to lose more because the lower seats along that area would have their view blocked by players/coaches and equipment.

That might might some sense, yeah... Obviously these are all things that would need to get worked out if they ever wanted to play "real" games here.

4 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Harbaugh will get the Colts straightened out

honestly, i dont know why he isnt snapped up by an nfl team.  he's taken a team to the super bowl, he's taken michigan from the dregs to back to back big ten titles, the dude is a great coach.

but he's bot young anymore so nfl teams ignore him.  i dont get it.

37 minutes ago, buddha said:

honestly, i dont know why he isnt snapped up by an nfl team.  he's taken a team to the super bowl, he's taken michigan from the dregs to back to back big ten titles, the dude is a great coach.

but he's bot young anymore so nfl teams ignore him.  i dont get it.

Michigan can pay about the same with job security. Why would he leave?

It used to be you left for nfl money. Now all the major colleges can pay that money

6 minutes ago, buddha said:

i think he wants the challenge, thats why he wanted the vikes job.

I do to but you asked why he wasn't snatched up. He no longer has to take any nfl job for the significant raise and his tenure didn't end well with the niners.