Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

17 hours ago, Jason_R said:

First two games last year he had 200 rushing yards on 20 attempts. Philly is feeding him more but everybody knows he is explosive. The bet was that he could be replaced by someone as explosive, more durable, and not in line for a new contract. 

He almost had 200 yards rushing in the last game alone. Great offensive line as well as weak opposition and all but he's absolutely killing it right now. He's not keeping up this pace but he's an added big weapon that was donated to one of the Lions biggest competitors. Was a future 4th as opposed to a slightly less return elsewhere really worth it? I can't imagine that Philly was the only bidder.

4 hours ago, NYLion said:

He almost had 200 yards rushing in the last game alone. Great offensive line as well as weak opposition and all but he's absolutely killing it right now. He's not keeping up this pace but he's an added big weapon that was donated to one of the Lions biggest competitors. Was a future 4th as opposed to a slightly less return elsewhere really worth it? I can't imagine that Philly was the only bidder.

We're 3 weeks in, that injury's coming.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2023 at 1:27 PM, romad1 said:

that should result in me selling all Ford shares and shorting that stock until BFJ was dead. 

Maybe insight into why WCF Jr. didn't remain at the top of Ford Motor Co for very long, but honestly Millen is a very smart guy.  Bob Quinn is a very smart guy.  Matt Patricia (we're told) is a very smart guy.     Doesn't mean they were good GMs or Coaches.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Maybe insight into why WCF Jr. didn't remain at the top of Ford Motor Co for very long, but honestly Millen is a very smart guy.  Bob Quinn is a very smart guy.  Matt Patricia (we're told) is a very smart guy.     Doesn't mean they were good GMs or Coaches.  

He's a very arrogant guy who failed to self-assess his strengths and weaknesses. 

10 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Intelligence doesn’t necessarily equate to leadership on the coaching side, or the football acumen on the management side. Patricia was a terrible leader who commanded no one’s respect. Millen couldn’t find talent if it slapped him in the face.

The problem with WCF wasn’t one of only looking to intelligence though. Hell, Ben Johnson has a degree in mathematics and computer science from UNC and is also a very good coach. WCF’s problem was he only looked for people who he liked. That was literally the only qualification to be in the Detroit Lions organization for over 50 years.

5 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Speaking of nutty. Whatever happen to Jeff Moss and the Sports Rag? Guy was insane but kind of like a bad car accident you couln't help but look.

Moss was a guy who wanted to be in Sports Radio and when he didn't break through (it's hard as hell to break through) he went on personal revenge campaigns that, to me, bordered on stalking.    Digging into people's personal lives.    He was (and is) unhinged, and not in a humorous way.

4 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Moss was a guy who wanted to be in Sports Radio and when he didn't break through (it's hard as hell to break through) he went on personal revenge campaigns that, to me, bordered on stalking.    Digging into people's personal lives.    He was (and is) unhinged, and not in a humorous way.

Its worked for multiple people to crazy their way to the big time in sports media.  Chris Russo comes to mind.   Chris Collingsworth has employed his entire family just based on being the most annoying person ever. 

23 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

He still around? 

6 hours ago, buddha said:

i thought norman WAS martin mayhew the way he would defend everything he did.

nastro too.  he finally left after quintricia turned out to be terrible.  

I believe Norman's profile pick was literally Martin Mayhew lol. I stayed around to take my lumps on Connor Cook and saying Matt Stafford wouldn't make a deep playoff run or win a Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

WCF’s problem was he only looked for people who he liked. That was literally the only qualification to be in the Detroit Lions organization for over 50 years.

He had to more than like them, they had to be people that stroked his ego by making him feel like he was the leader he wasn't.

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

He had to more than like them, they had to be people that stroked his ego by making him feel like he was the leader he wasn't.

wcf's problem was he didnt have enough of an ego to fire russ thomas.  

stubborn and dumb are two bad ways to go through life.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

wcf's problem was he didnt have enough of an ego to fire russ thomas.  

stubborn and dumb are two bad ways to go through life.

not when you're rich. 

Rumor is that he was too much of a partier/playboy to be considered to run the car company so they bought him the Lions (to avoid the public asking 'why isn't he moving up in the company?')   and as unsuccessful as the Lions have been with W/L, they printed him money, while the auto company went though ups and downs for decades. 

The Spanos family cried poverty and loses money with the Chargers.   How much do you have to suck to lose money with an NFL team?     Just pay them and send them on their way and move the chargers back to San Diego.   If only to bring back the damn disco song. 

53 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Don't know, I avoid anything to do with him.     I don't care for Pat Caputo much, but that's a matter of personal taste.  Pat doesn't do anything bad, I just don't think he's very good on the radio.   Probably a nice guy.  

He was mostly a baseball guy but I'm not impressed with his homework anymore. Maybe I was not as deep into baseball then but I remember Pat as being pretty knowledgeable about baseball once. Not so much anymore. For various reasons I have been stuck in a car on Saturday mornings in recent years so I've had the 'opportunity' to listen to him again and I can't say I still think he is actually up to speed with Tiger issues. So hard to believe he's working any harder on Lion's issues.

Edited by gehringer_2