Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

13 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

And that's not 100% certain yet either.

Looking pretty likely...

But I'll wait until he's released and proven that he's not a Melifonwu-late-bloomer-after-getting-past-injuries player...

Ehhhh…. I’m ready to call him a bust. It’s debatable how much is injury related, but it’s his third season as a 2nd round pick and he’s a healthy scratch at the thinnest position group on the team.

34 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Ehhhh…. I’m ready to call him a bust. It’s debatable how much is injury related, but it’s his third season as a 2nd round pick and he’s a healthy scratch at the thinnest position group on the team.

The player may not be a bust if offseason strength and conditioning helps him salvage his career. But yes, the pick was a bust. One of Holmes’s rare errors. 

43 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I don't think it's a slam dunk the Eagles beat the Giants. I struggle though to see Washington best Dallas but there is hope. 

That's where I am at too. The Eagles are in shambles, I put that game at 50/50. But the Commanders haven't won a game in over two months. I'm sure they'll try to win, but they're just so totally devoid of talent and coaching, I think the Panthers might be able to beat them if that was the game on Sunday.

3 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Ehhhh…. I’m ready to call him a bust. It’s debatable how much is injury related,  

It’s not at all debatable, it’s entirely injury related. I get it, he’s a high draft pick who hasn’t produced yet, but he’s coming off major surgery. Like a pitcher coming off TJ, it can take more than a full year to get everything back. He may never, but you can’t evaluate anyone based on injury related performance.

1 hour ago, Longgone said:

It’s not at all debatable, it’s entirely injury related. I get it, he’s a high draft pick who hasn’t produced yet, but he’s coming off major surgery. Like a pitcher coming off TJ, it can take more than a full year to get everything back. He may never, but you can’t evaluate anyone based on injury related performance.

Even before the injury, in his rookie season where he played 16 games (only inactive in week one), he was a pretty much total non-factor. Granted that 2021 team was a dumpster fire through and through, but the contributors today who were on that team (Goff, much of the OL, ASB, Alim) mostly all started coming into their own there down the stretch. You saw flashes of where they are today. I've never seen anything with Levi that's made me say, "yeah I see what Holmes saw"

One sack and 15 tackles across 16 games as a rookie 2nd round pick didn't inspire confidence. Zero sacks and 3 tackles across five active games in 2023 says he won't be here next year... Is it possible without the injury we get a serviceable backup? Possibly. But a starter should be the expectation with the #41 overall pick. I'm not prepared to say that Holmes didn't miss on it and excuse it away by citing to the injury. I think he just whiffed. On one day two pick across three drafts, which is pretty dang good.

5 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Even before the injury, in his rookie season where he played 16 games (only inactive in week one), he was a pretty much total non-factor. Granted that 2021 team was a dumpster fire through and through, but the contributors today who were on that team (Goff, much of the OL, ASB, Alim) mostly all started coming into their own there down the stretch. You saw flashes of where they are today. I've never seen anything with Levi that's made me say, "yeah I see what Holmes saw"

One sack and 15 tackles across 16 games as a rookie 2nd round pick didn't inspire confidence. Zero sacks and 3 tackles across five active games in 2023 says he won't be here next year... Is it possible without the injury we get a serviceable backup? Possibly. But a starter should be the expectation with the #41 overall pick. I'm not prepared to say that Holmes didn't miss on it and excuse it away by citing to the injury. I think he just whiffed. On one day two pick across three drafts, which is pretty dang good.

He played injured his rookie season, eventually leading to the surgery.

Just saw a report that Washington frontman Josh Harris has expressed an interest in luring Bill Belichick to the Commodes. 

That would be the worst move for the team since Edward Bennett Williams hired George Allen. (The Over The Hill Gang did make it to the Super Bowl once during his tenure but bringing in aging veterans left the cupboard bare)

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

Just saw a report that Washington frontman Josh Harris has expressed an interest in luring Bill Belichick to the Commodes. 

That would be the worst move for the team since Edward Bennett Williams hired George Allen. (The Over The Hill Gang did make it to the Super Bowl once during his tenure but bringing in aging veterans left the cupboard bare)

If the fruit of the Bill Belichick tree is rotten, and now the tree itself is dead too, maybe we should just uproot the entire thing and relocate it! What could go wrong.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

If the fruit of the Bill Belichick tree is rotten, and now the tree itself is dead too, maybe we should just uproot the entire thing and relocate it! What could go wrong.

There is nothing wrong with the Belichick system.  It can absolutely still work today.

It just needs the greatest QB to ever play in order to function.   

I see that the son of former Lions RB Ron Rivers is starting at RB for the Rams today. I looked at the box score and saw Ronnie Rivers and had to look up to see if that was indeed his son and sure enough it was. Hadn't heard or thought about the name Ron Rivers in like 2 decades. 

Edited by RandyMarsh