Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

3 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Philly's offensive line has surrendered three sacks to New England.... Interesting.

jalen hurts does not look good.  he doesnt run anymore, and when he does he slides quickly and runs at half speed.  if he's not going to run that offense isnt that special.

otoh, the pats almost ALWAYS have a good defense under belichick and they looked damn good today.

the playcalling down the stretch for the pats was really really questionable, but they outplayed the eagles after a disastrous first quarter.

niners and cowboys look real good.  lol at the viqueens and seahawks.

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

jalen hurts does not look good.  he doesnt run anymore, and when he does he slides quickly and runs at half speed.  if he's not going to run that offense isnt that special.

otoh, the pats almost ALWAYS have a good defense under belichick and they looked damn good today.

the playcalling down the stretch for the pats was really really questionable, but they outplayed the eagles after a disastrous first quarter.

niners and cowboys look real good.  lol at the viqueens and seahawks.

Agreed on all accounts. It's still early, so lots of time for teams to figure stuff out. But I'd rather be the Lions than the Bears or Vikings today, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, RedRamage said:

image.png.f5844bdf05ea886acb5d37f122ad6d2c.png

I don't get this... I mean I get that 100 years in a first every game is nice. But, first rookie since... 2 years ago? That's not saying very much.

There is a big difference between pick 5 going for over 100 receiving yards in his debut and pick 177 doing it. Also, Stat Padford put a second unheralded receiver over 100 yards yesterday. 

All Stat Padford does, beyond winning a Super Bowl, is make stars out of wide receivers and get them paid. 

32 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

There is a big difference between pick 5 going for over 100 receiving yards in his debut and pick 177 doing it. Also, Stat Padford put a second unheralded receiver over 100 yards yesterday. 

All Stat Padford does, beyond winning a Super Bowl, is make stars out of wide receivers and get them paid. 

A 177 pick doing it is a nice accomplishment. I'm not trying to down play that. What I think is silly is the "hasn't been done since 2021." That was only two years ago.