Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

24 minutes ago, buddha said:

carolina trading two first round picks and dj moore to get bryce young might go down as one of the worst trades in nfl history.

If they took Stroud, it may have been a great trade.  He was incredible today finishing up with a TD drive with 46 seconds right after TB took the lead.

Rookie yardage record 470 yds and 5 TDs

Edited by 4hzglory

16 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

I think they are a definite contender for the Super Bowl...

As it stands at the moment... IMO... it's between the Chiefs and the Ravens on who represents the AFC...

The AFC is just so stacked. I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the Dolphins, Bills, Chiefs, or Ravens represent the AFC, and only mild surprise at the Jets, Chargers, Steelers, or Browns. And at least one of those eight teams won't even make the playoffs. In the NFC, I think it will almost definitely be one of the Eagles, 49ers, or Lions, with the Cowboys and Seahawks behind them.

As for the Ravens, I think they're just too hot-and-cold to win three straight playoff games. 38-6 over the Lions and 37-3 over the Seahawks is great, but losing to the Colts and Steelers and keeping the Cardinals within 7 is not. Which Ravens team will come to play in the wildcard, divisional, or AFCCG? They'll need the former for each one.

Lamar has been embarrassing NFC teams his whole career. Only Mahomes is as skilled, and this season Baltimore is managing Lamar’s workload to keep him healthy for the playoffs.

Against Indy they fumbled four times and lost two then lost in OT. Pittsburgh is a division game with a tough defense that plays and game plans against him frequently. 

Baltimore is on a roll now. They’ve humiliated good teams two weeks in a row. If someone forced me to put money on a team today to win the Super Bowl in February it would be Baltimore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Philly tried to give it away but Dallas choked it back. Horrible offensive and defensive sequence. 

Dallas missed one TD by six inches, a 2 point conversion by a foot, and a final TD by about two feet. A yard or so overall amounted to a 16 point difference. 

9 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Philly tried to give it away but Dallas choked it back. Horrible offensive and defensive sequence. 

Refs certainly tightened up “illegal procedure” on that last Dallas possession. Compare it against the KC game. Continuing to despise Dallas keeps getting easier…

13 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

We saw some vintage D'Andre Swift at the end there too... instead of barreling ahead for 3-4 yards he tried to break outside and ended up with zero yards.

After a couple of BIG games early in the season (175 yards, 130 yards) his rushing numbers have really fallen off.

Wk 4: 56 / 5: 70 / 6: 18 / 7: 62 / 8: 57 / 9: 43

After three games he was averaging 6.84 ypc. Now he's down to 4.6 ypc. (Gibbs, btw, is at 5.2 ypc.)