Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

Anyone ever check out Branden Perna's you tube channel That's Good Sports?    He's pretty funny.  Big Broncos guy. 

Every week he does a Top 10 power ranking and has a wheel with #1 - #10 on it - the curse wheel,  He ranks them, spins the wheel and EVERY SINGLE WEEK he curses the the team where it lands.  It's incredible.    He spun the Bengals this week.       He even spun the Chiefs two weeks ago against the lowly Broncos and IT WORKED.    Hilarious. 

3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Anyone ever check out Branden Perna's you tube channel That's Good Sports?    He's pretty funny.  Big Broncos guy. 

Every week he does a Top 10 power ranking and has a wheel with #1 - #10 on it - the curse wheel,  He ranks them, spins the wheel and EVERY SINGLE WEEK he curses the the team where it lands.  It's incredible.    He spun the Bengals this week.       He even spun the Chiefs two weeks ago against the lowly Broncos and IT WORKED.    Hilarious. 

He and Tom Grossi are great together and on their own. 

21 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

UPDATE on Hot Seat Rankings

1. Brandon Staley, Chargers

2. Arthur Smith, Falcons

3. Ron Rivera, Commanders

4. Frank Reich, Panthers

5. Matt Eberflus, Bears

6. Mike Vrabel, Titans

7. Matt LaFleur, Packers

Might need to add Sean McDermott to this list if the Bills drop to 5-5 on national television at home against the Broncos.

6 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

They cannot hang on to the ball. Allen is like Favre, rifling balls into places they have no business being. His nickname should be Tip Drill. 

Edit: There he goes again. He has no discipline. 

Kind of reminds me of 2012-13 Stafford. Throw for a ton of yards, but also throw a lot of boneheaded picks

I have to say, though, this is an entertaining game. 

Edit: Oh what a roller coaster! Lutz misses a potentially game-winning 41-yarder at the last second, but Buffalo has 12 men on the field! Lutz nails the 36-yard kick to ice it for Denver. Not exactly playoff football, but worth the price of admission. 😂

Edited by Jason_R

1 minute ago, holygoat said:

The Bills with an SOL loss there. Holy hell.

I remember a Lions-Falcons game in London a few years back where almost the exact same thing happened. Prater came out for the game winning kick and missed it, but the Lions own ineptitude led to a delay of game penalty being called before the kick. Backed him up five yards and, naturally, he drilled it.

• Haha 2

I just looked the game up and the hilarity of this sequence of events to end the game is just too much.

- This was Matt Prater's Lions debut and first Lions kick after he was released by Denver. The Lions had not made a kick from 40+ yards yet that season.

- Nonsensical defensive holding penalty was called to move the Lions five yards closer.

- The delay of game happened in the first place because Prater wanted one more practice kick.

- I don't think it actually was delay of game, it looked like they snapped it as the clock hit zero.... Complete opposite of the Ravens game last year.

- They put this graphic that definitely wasn't foreboding bad things to come for the Falcons on TV after the Lions made the re-do.

ScreenShot2023-11-13at11_53_54PM.thumb.png.e88a872d0a8857b897fe9b587d91a9ee.png

HOT SEAT LIST (Post MNF)

1. Brandon Staley, LA Chargers -  He won't survive the season.   Nice clock management Sunday, Lions fans thank you. 

2. Ron Rivera, Washington  - He might not survive it,  he's done by next year anyway (new owner)

3. Arthur Smith, Atlanta -  The NFC South sucks and they aren't making a move at all

4. Frank Reich, Carolina - This is not his fault, but coaches take the blame.  Don't even have their pick in '24

5. Matt Eberflus, Chicago - It ain't clickin', they'll probably hire Pat Fitzgerald  The Bears are dumb

6. Sean McDermitt, Buffalo -  Yeah, looks like it's over for the Bills, the window is closing.  Allen is Favre 2.0 (don't steal from Welfare families, Josh and no dicpics either)

7. Mike Vrabel, Tennessee - They made a run two years ago, but Jax and Houston are passing them by now,  Just kind of bobbing up and down in the water. 

8. Matt LaFleur, Green Bay -  He's ALWAYS been overrated.   But I think he gets another year with Kirk Cousins at QB (LOL)

The Harbaugh Rankings

1. Washington - Owner wants to make a splash?  Two Harbaughs in the Beltway.  God help us all. 

2. LA Chargers - But I don't think Spanos has the money.  I mean, they are poverty-stricken. 

3. Las Vegas - I think Mark Davis would love to, but does he have the cash?   If Pierce finishes with 8 or 9 wins, keep him, if he does not, then bring Rich Bisaccia back. 

Well, Ken Dorsey is out as OC in Buffalo. He wasn’t throwing those interceptions or putting the ball on the turf, but I guess it’s easier to blame Dorsey than it is to blame Allen.

Also Dorsey wasn’t responsible for having 12 men on the field on the last second FG attempt. 

Edited by Jason_R

6 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Well, Ken Dorsey is out as OC in Buffalo. He wasn’t throwing those interceptions or putting the ball on the turf, but I guess it’s easier to blame Dorsey than it is to blame Allen.

Also Dorsey wasn’t responsible for having 12 men on the field on the last second FG attempt. 

Does he call the run on 2nd down?

• Haha 1