Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I find the whole Dan Campbell to Texas A&M rumors, even if just media nonsense, to be so insulting to this organization. It’s like they think of us like a MAC school where success isn’t expected but if you get it, you can use it as a launching point to a better job. We ARE the better job (we are also the one who knocks).

I know it would never happen, but that’s not the point. How come Kyle Shanahan isn’t rumored to the Texas job every time that’s open? Or Zac Taylor to Nebraska?

Keep winning and change this narrative of the Lions bring some poverty organization.

i turned on the radio for 5 minutes last night and somebody was saying harbaugh would go there.

A&M people are crazy about how they think about that job.

16 hours ago, number20 said:

I think you're right about all that, but it just seems whenever they face a good QB and a halfway decent offense this year, it’s not like Glenn’s defense gets beat. They get absolutely blown off the field. Like, 2008 Lions blown off the field. They added Sutton, they have some talented young players in Branch, Joseph, Campbell, Hutch, Alim... is it all them? Or is Glenn simply being out coached? 

Until LA finally scored a touchdown, that goal line stand by the Lions was amazing. I think there’s definitely talent on that defense. And Glenn is good against the run - I’ll give him that. Yet the Seattle, Baltimore, and LA games… I just find it hard to believe the LBs and secondary are THAT bad. There’s something else going on

I'd be more concerned if they played the really good QBs well & sucked against the bad ones.  Perhaps it's because the other QBs are good?

14 minutes ago, djhutch said:

I'd be more concerned if they played the really good QBs well & sucked against the bad ones.  Perhaps it's because the other QBs are good?

This, granted they shouldn't look as bad as they did against Lamar Jackson but for the most part it is to be expected to struggle against the elite qbs cause those guys excel against everybody.

If they only performed well against bad defenses then they wouldn't get treated and paid the way they do. 

46 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

My bold ass prediction is that Harbaugh will be at UM till he retires. He'll let the rumors fly anytime he want's to extort a little more green out of the U, but he's not going anywhere unless they have to fire him - and I don't think that is likely either.

I think Harbaugh thinks a lot of himself and wants to feel wanted. If anything, this latest scandal and Santa Ono standing behind him will push him to stay in Ann Arbor for the foreseeable future.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, buddha said:

i'd be surprised if either make it back or, if they do, that either makes much of a difference after missing an entire season of football.

Gardner-Johnson seems like the type who could make an impact even if it’s not on the field. His personality is one that the room notices, even if the on the field production isn’t there. Houston I tend to agree, though I’m hopeful he can save our pass rush two years in a row.

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Gardner-Johnson seems like the type who could make an impact even if it’s not on the field. 

According to Campbell, he's an "excellent communicator" on the field, which they're unfortunately struggling with now with recurrent confusion on defense and blown assignments. It'd be great to get him back, but like buddha says, it's probably debatable to what effect. He was a solid tackler those two first games of the season, but honestly wasn't all that great in coverage

7 hours ago, Jason_R said:

Mark Andrews out for the season in Baltimore. 

Crushing for them but the Bengals had a worse night.   Lost a crucial game, lost their QB for an undetermined time, and are absolutely going to get destroyed by the league for not disclosing a previous injury for Burrow.  

21 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Crushing for them but the Bengals had a worse night.   Lost a crucial game, lost their QB for an undetermined time, and are absolutely going to get destroyed by the league for not disclosing a previous injury for Burrow.  

Yeah that did not look good. Then the "device" brace they showed of him getting off team bus on his wrist...

3 hours ago, Hongbit said:

True. In the back of my mind I’m thinking about a possible rematch with Baltimore in February. 

On 11/16/2023 at 3:13 PM, MichiganCardinal said:

With the trajectory of the season, I expect that they try to ease him back in in mid to late December, maybe give him a full load in week 18 (which hopefully won’t matter significantly) with the plan to have him at 100% for the wildcard round.

What makes you think they'll be playing in the Wild Card round?