Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

Since I don't think the Vikings, Broncos, Chiefs and Eagles are anywhere close to having a hot seat ranking

The Hot Seat Power Ranking

1. RON RIVERA,  Washington.   It's over   As of 7pm Sunday he is still employed, I doubt that's the case in 12 hours.   Eric Bieniemy is finally going to get a shot

2. BRANDON STALEY,   LA Chargers.   It's not his fault that a first round receiver dropped a perfect throw, but the Chargers have way too much talent to be 4-6

3. MIKE VRABEL, Tennessee.   Sometimes a coach's message and methods get stale.  The Titans are day-old bread left out in the open.    He'll get another shot somewhere and, who knows, maybe he ends up coaching the Patriots, but Jim Schwartz might actually get a shot here.  

4. FRANK REICH,  Carolina.   It's not really his fault, it was a horrible situation to step into and the worst part is that tanking won't help, not in the First round, anyway.  He could be a One-And-Done if an exciting name comes along

5. BILL BELICHICK, New England.   I think Robert Kraft is going to say "Do you want to be GM or Coach?" and Bill will answer "both" and they'll set up a nice retirement for Bill, who will go and consult for the Giants.  

6. ARTHUR SMITH, Atlanta.  I think putting his faith in Desmond Ridder is what will cost him.  Horrible division and they can't make a dent.  The team is lifeless

7. SEAN McDERMOTT, Buffalo.   Firing a Coordinator is usually a temporary sacrifice.  The Bills better turn it around (It's more the QB's fault for playing like Old Favre), but Head Coaches get the big money and take the bullets

8. SEAN McVAY, LA Rams.   I think he'll step down on his own,  go do some TV to spend time with the family and admire his ring for 3 or 4 years before he ends up coaching again.   There's also a chance he could take a major college job.  

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Since I don't think the Vikings, Broncos, Chiefs and Eagles are anywhere close to having a hot seat ranking

3. MIKE VRABEL, Tennessee.   Sometimes a coach's message and methods get stale.  The Titans are day-old bread left out in the open.    He'll get another shot somewhere and, who knows, maybe he ends up coaching the Patriots, but Jim Schwartz might actually get a shot here.  

I think Vrabel is a top ten NFL HC. Not to say they might not get rid of him during a whole scale rebuild, but the Titans problems have nothing to do with Vrabel. 

If they did, I’d love to offer him the DC job when Glenn takes a HC job.

And Dobbs with the miracle touchdown after another missed tackle. This is infuriating.  Why would the Vikings ever re-sign cousins?  They are better with Dobbs.  They lose the best receiver in the league, a top 5 QB and they are better team?  How the actual ****. 

2 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

And Dobbs with the miracle touchdown after another missed tackle. This is infuriating.  Why would the Vikings ever re-sign cousins?  They are better with Dobbs.  They lose the best receiver in the league, a top 5 QB and they are better team?  How the actual ****. 

Non-zero chance we play them three times in four weeks from week 16 to the wildcard round.

12 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I think Vrabel is a top ten NFL HC. Not to say they might not get rid of him during a whole scale rebuild, but the Titans problems have nothing to do with Vrabel. 

If they did, I’d love to offer him the DC job when Glenn takes a HC job.

Two 3rd round picks and hire Vrabel as DC? That would be a dream.

2 minutes ago, number20 said:

Yeeeeesh. Denver burned all that clock just to get 5 yards?

I mean the one WR literally had to run 40 yards to the far side of the field to get lined up, if you knew that he was going to have to do that why not call a TO? There's no way you can line up quickly when you got to do that. 

29 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I don’t think I would spend draft capital on him. There are lots of good DCs out there. But if he gets fired for a full scale rebuild in Nashville, I’d have no problem spending whatever we paid Ben Johnson to Mike Vrabel instead.

No, I'm saying two compensatory picks for Glenn leaving then hiring Vrabel to replace Glenn if he's a free agent would be a dream.

• Thanks 2