Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

With how reactionary TP gets during games for his sake I hope he doesnt do any live in game betting. That would be a disaster!

I do not bet!  Only self restraint I have.  My fiancé recorded some of my words during the Vikings game last night.  I’ll admit, slightly embarrassed. However, I am who I am. Onward. 

3 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

I do not bet!  Only self restraint I have.  My fiancé recorded some of my words during the Vikings game last night.  I’ll admit, slightly embarrassed. However, I am who I am. Onward. 

I’m out of reactions, but I for one appreciate you and your knee jerk reactions…. Especially after a win. 😉

25 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Figured the reactions to this week would be epic so I came to check them out and was not disappointed. 

In my humble opinion, Goff had a horrible game. So what? Players have off games. I'm not going to use ONE game as evidence that a player should be benched/cut/whatever. I will say that Goff has looked more "human" lately, but I'm far from wanting to replace him.

4 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Every loss just means there is a less and less we see A-A-Ron any time soon.

What would be funny is if Boyle lights it up and has the Jets in position to make the playoffs and then Rodgers comes back for the final 2 games and screws everything up.  

• Like 1

Rich Eisen pointed out that if the Eagles and Lions end up tied for the #1 seed, the first tiebreaker is not conference record but rather record against common opponents: KC, Seattle, Tampa, Dallas and Minnesota. The Lions and Eagles have both beaten Tampa already, so that's a wash. The Lions have defeated KC and lost to Seattle, the Eagles' will play KC and Seattle on December 17. The Eagles already have a win against Minnesota and a win against Dallas. So by count, the Lions are 2-1 with 3 games left (2x Minnesota, Dallas) while the Eagles are 3-0 with with 3 games left (KC, Seattle, Dallas).

Lions-Niners common opponents in 2023 are Dallas, Minnesota, Tampa, Seattle and Baltimore.

EDIT: Eisen might be wrong. From NFL.com. The Eagles conference record is 6-0 and still will be after tonight's game, while the Lions and SF are both at 5-1.

Two Clubs
  • Head-to-head, if applicable.
  • Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  • Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  • Strength of victory.
  • Strength of schedule.
  • Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Edited by lordstanley

7 hours ago, RedRamage said:

In my humble opinion, Goff had a horrible game. So what? Players have off games. I'm not going to use ONE game as evidence that a player should be benched/cut/whatever. I will say that Goff has looked more "human" lately, but I'm far from wanting to replace him.

Goff actually won the game for us. Two of those picks weren't his fault. One was tipped and on another, LaPorta got interfered with, not called, and it threw him out of position. Those last 2 TD drives by him just seemed inevitable. Like we could see it coming...