Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

The 2 seed may be preferable.  Their first playoff game would be against a weak 7th seed. As the 1 seed, you're looking at either Dallas or Seattle. Better chance to get the no playoff wins since 1991 off your back and maybe Dallas can pull the upset on the Eagles and the Lions host the NFC Championship. 

Nah you want the 1 seed especially in the Lions case, you want home field throughout and you get the only 1st round bye with the 1 seed. You're going to have face the best competition eventually whether it's as a 1 or 2 seed.

Edited by NYLion
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I def would prefer to have the 2nd round SF game be at Ford Field vs.on the road so its obviously a big deal to secure atleast the 2 spot.

Not to mention we'd probably be looking at Seattle if we finished at 3 whom we don't appear to matchup too well with. 

I’d prefer it just because it would be cool to be there lol

Adverse fan conditions don’t worry me with this team though. They went into KC and won. SF is familiar to Goff and the weather is likely to be favorable. I think Philly’s January weather would be more challenging, but this team is built to win on the ground too.

5 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I’d prefer it just because it would be cool to be there lol

Adverse fan conditions don’t worry me with this team though. They went into KC and won. SF is familiar to Goff and the weather is likely to be favorable. I think Philly’s January weather would be more challenging, but this team is built to win on the ground too.

Goff looked terrible throwing outside in Baltimore. I don’t want to see him in Philly in January. 

9 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I will say the one good thing about the 2 seed over 1 is maybe getting a relatively easy opponent that we can beat so we don't have to hear about the 30+year playoff win drought anymore. 

The goal should be Superbowl, not rooting for a lesser seed just so they could have an  easier 1st playoff game opponent IMO.

I guess it depends on fan perspective. I see an 8-2 Lions team regardless of flaws so I see an opportunity to make a deep run and want what's best for a SB run.  I don't see a team that should be happy with a 1st round win, that's a Caldwell Lions goal. Getting a bye gets you one step closer to a SB and homefield is critical. Sure it would be nice to break the playoff losing streak but I'm rooting for the best path to a Superbowl.

Edited by NYLion

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

The goal should be Superbowl, not rooting for a lesser seed just so they could have an  easier 1st playoff game opponent IMO.

I guess it depends on fan perspective. I see an 8-2 Lions team regardless of flaws so I see an opportunity to make a deep run and want what's best for a SB run, I don't see a team that should be happy with a 1st round win, that's a Caldwell Lions goal. Getting a bye gets you one step closer to a SB and homefield is critical. Sure it would be nice to break the playoff losing streak but I'm rooting for the best path to a Superbowl.

I agree that's why I didnt say it was better just saying that one side benefit would be that but yeah it totally would be easier to win the SB with a bye and HFA till the Super Bowl.

4 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Goff looked terrible throwing outside in Baltimore. I don’t want to see him in Philly in January. 

You give them a heavy dose of Montgomery and Gibbs in an outside road playoff game, that's where the Lions strength lies. Unfortunately, the Eagles strength is up front so it would be strength vs. strength but I'd like my chances at Philly better relying on the running game than Goff's arm.

54 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I think if the Lions get the #2 seed the likeliest 1st round matchup would be Seattle. Half a game up on #7 seed Minnesota at the moment but with a brutal schedule coming up. 

A win Thursday would virtually clinch an actual playoff spot for the Lions without Detroit having to win another game. Any team that could knock them out of the wildcard is at 4-6 and the Lions have already beaten a few of them - Tampa, Atlanta and Green Bay. 

The Rams have a shot of getting the 7th seed. Their schedule is easier than Seattle's and they hold the tiebreaker with Seattle. 

I hope Seattle's playoff hopes hinges on Minnesota beating Detroit and the Lions win knocking them out. We helped those bitches out last year and they did nothing to return the favor. Ungrateful. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NYLion said:

You give them a heavy dose of Montgomery and Gibbs in an outside road playoff game, that's where the Lions strength lies. Unfortunately, the Eagles strength is up front so it would be strength vs. strength but I'd like my chances at Philly better relying on the running game than Goff's arm.

Instead of overtime just have a Gibbs on Carter tackling drill to determine the NFC Champion

Edited by MichiganCardinal

43 minutes ago, NYLion said:

I guess it depends on fan perspective. I see an 8-2 Lions team regardless of flaws so I see an opportunity to make a deep run and want what's best for a SB run.  I don't see a team that should be happy with a 1st round win, that's a Caldwell Lions goal. Getting a bye gets you one step closer to a SB and homefield is critical. Sure it would be nice to break the playoff losing streak but I'm rooting for the best path to a Superbowl.

The ideal path would be the Lions getting the #1 seed and the three division winners holding serve in the first round, leaving the Lions with a home game vs New Orleans or Tampa or Atlanta to advance to the conference championship game the Lions would host. Of course that would depend on the NFC South winner "upsetting" the top wildcard team in the opening round.

Edited by lordstanley

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

I did not expect to see Goff make this list. No Hurts, Purdy, Allen, Dak etc. 

Screenshot_20231121_125315_TheAthletic.thumb.jpg.e1c954842d0de820e93ab3bd2197d10f.jpg

I wonder if you were allowed to vote for yourself cause otherwise I don't understand somebody like Jabrill Peppers getting a vote. Also I love ARSB but I could totally see him(or maybe his brother) being the one to vote him number 1.

Edited by RandyMarsh