Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

Dobbs crashing back down to earth.

Edit: to add, this could be expected. The first couple of games there was such a limited playbook and Dobbs was just free flowing. Once the system sets him and he has to be a pocket passer and the defense can script it a bit more you can see Dobbs struggling. There is a reason he has been with so many teams. 

Edited by TP_Fan

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Fields is playing well enough that Chicago will pass on a QB. Win-win. 

I was about to say if Fields keeps playing like this it's going to make Poles decision tough, I mean you can't pass on a supposed generational talent at QB can you? But at the same point just think of the bounty you could get for that generational talent  that you could then use to build around Fields if you truly believe in him? 

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

I was about to say if Fields keeps playing like this it's going to make Poles decision tough, I mean you can't pass on a supposed generational talent at QB can you? But at the same point just think of the bounty you could get for that generational talent  that you could then use to build around Fields if you truly believe in him? 

I don't believe in Fields. If he can do RPO and run he's fine. Look at the last drive against the Lions. When he was forced to play from the pocket he had no pocket awareness. Hutchinson got on him quick but a good QB should feel that pressure. 

9 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

The only thing I am confident in is that the Bears will mess it up.

17 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I'd say no, you can't pass on a generational QB. The other consideration with Fields is his rookie contract is expiring and his 5th year option is on the table. They'll likely have to sign him to a big contract long term if they want to keep him. I wouldn't do it. If I were the Bears I'd rather grab what will likely be a far better QB, save cap dollars, and trade Fields for extra draft capital

Just now, number20 said:

I'd say no, you can't pass on a generational QB. The other consideration with Fields is his rookie contract is expiring and his 5th year option is on the table. They'll likely have to sign him to a big contract long term if they want to keep him. I wouldn't do it. If I were the Bears I'd rather grab what will likely be a far better QB, save cap dollars, and trade Fields for extra draft capital

Agreed.

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

highest paid te in the league and he cant run a route to the sticks or break a tackle to save his life.

that was such a good trade.

I’ve never seen a pass catcher that so often comes up just short of the first down. For years he has done it.  Where he catches it, he is tackledX and his route is always short.