Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

57 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Belichick needs to walk away from it all.   Look, he has more rings than any other coach in history, but I really do wonder how much of it was truly him and how much was Brady.   Plus, the cheating, which was normal for him.  He got caught cheating against the Bengals when their record was something like 1-13.  If he cheats against the worst team, he's probably doing it all the time.    Plus - his coaching tree - a never-ending string of arrogant failures.    If Bill was so great, wouldn't that rub off on at least SOME of his proteges?    And never forget, he made Matt Patricia a Co-offensive coordinator.  What a joke. 

I don't think it's a coincidence all of his assistants have sucked. I think he's a Matt Patricia d-bag of a coach who won the greatest lottery ticket of all time by stumbling into Tom Brady... He could have realized it too and retired on top when Brady left, forever tying the two together. But his arrogance was too big to admit that it could have possibly been more than him, which led to this.

Belichick's record with Brady at QB: 219-64 (0.774), 30-11 in the playoffs, six rings

Belichick's record with literally anyone else at QB: 82-98 (0.456), 1-2 in the playoffs, no rings

Edited by MichiganCardinal

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Belichick's record with Brady at QB: 219-64 (0.774), 30-11 in the playoffs, six rings

Belichick's record with literally anyone else at QB: 82-98 (0.456), 1-2 in the playoffs, no rings

That says a lot.,    Honestly, you could make a case that when Brady left New England that a rebuild had to begin, but he's had plenty of time to start building into something by now and it's only getting worse.     

1. Brady

2. Cheating

Belichick is as overrated as Joe Torre and Phil Jackson, who only won when they had a bunch of All-Stars to manage. 

If you ask me, and I know you're not, I think the best coach of modern NFL football is Chuck Noll.   When he took that job in Pittsburgh the Steelers had been a laughing stock for over 30 years.  They were a joke of a franchise and since then that organization has rarely ever had a truly bad season.  A bad season for them is going .500.   Not only did he win, he set them up to keep winning.  They've only had 7 seasons under .500 since 1972 and only twice did they do it 2 years in a row

Edited by Motor City Sonics

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

That says a lot.,    Honestly, you could make a case that when Brady left New England that a rebuild had to begin, but he's had plenty of time to start building into something by now and it's only getting worse.     

Absolutely. You can look pre-Brady at his five years in Cleveland from 1991-1995 too, where he only had one winning season (and the lone Brady-less playoff win), which was immediately followed by a 5-11 season and him getting fired. He couldn't gain sustainable traction in that rebuild either.... Then 5-11 in year one in New England, before Brady finally gets the starting gig early in 2001 and *bam* they're Super Bowl champions.

3 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Absolutely. You can look pre-Brady at his five years in Cleveland from 1991-1995 too, where he only had one winning season (and the lone Brady-less playoff win), which was immediately followed by a 5-11 season and him getting fired. He couldn't gain sustainable traction in that rebuild either.... Then 5-11 in year one in New England, before Brady finally gets the starting gig early in 2001 and *bam* they're Super Bowl champions.

20 years of winning Super Bowls shows that he's a great coach. 

belichick is a great coach.  a great defensive head coach.  

think of all the great defensive players on the pats who immediately sucked when they went anywhere else.  he made them great.

offense?  that's another story.  that's almost all brady.

i'd hire him as a defensive coordinator or maybe a head coach, but i wouldnt give him any control over the draft and he'd have to work with my gm on the final roster.

6 hours ago, Cruzer1 said:

20 years of winning Super Bowls shows that he's a great coach. 

I think he's part of the equation, but I think Brady is the lions share of it.    As Buddha says, great defensive coach, but this idea that he is such a great Head Coach is bunk.  If he was, he would have been able to recover from Brady's departure by now.     Plus - either every knows he cheats and are prepared for that or everyone else is cheating like him now.  It's like how every other GM in the NHL started scouting Europe and suddenly Ken Holland wasn't such a great GM anymore.    I don't think he's close to the greats like Noll, Shula, Lombardi, Walsh and Fontes.    I'd put him in the next group with guys like Holmgren, Reid, Cowher and Bobby "Womp Womp" Ross.  

59 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I think he's part of the equation, but I think Brady is the lions share of it.    As Buddha says, great defensive coach, but this idea that he is such a great Head Coach is bunk.  If he was, he would have been able to recover from Brady's departure by now.     Plus - either every knows he cheats and are prepared for that or everyone else is cheating like him now.  It's like how every other GM in the NHL started scouting Europe and suddenly Ken Holland wasn't such a great GM anymore.    I don't think he's close to the greats like Noll, Shula, Lombardi, Walsh and Fontes.    I'd put him in the next group with guys like Holmgren, Reid, Cowher and Bobby "Womp Womp" Ross.  

Brady didn't play defense. BB was the coach and GM, and did a great job of maintaining a great team for 2 straight decades. Like the Red Wings, everything came to an end.