Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

5 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

If Carolina wins another one, they and New England would be tied for the #1 pick (which Chicago owns).

Chicago’s own #1 pick is dropping lower into the 1st round because of their recent wins. Could get a 6th win today leading Cleveland, then play Arizona, Atlanta and Green Bay. So might not even be a top #10 pick. Heck, hang on today and they would have a legit playoff chance 

16 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

And Chicago screwing up their draft stock with meaningless wins.

I know I'm in the minority with this but like I said with the Lions last year I think winning games for a young team is important even if they seem meaningless on the sense of making the playoffs. 

Now if say the Bears didnt own the Panthers pick and had say 3 wins right now I prob would say it would be foolish to win a game late in the season to cost them the number 1 or 2 pick but in their current state Id be fine taking the wins over draft position.

NEW HOT SEAT RANKINS  (Week 15, Post-Staley)

Interim Coaches do not qualify

1. Ron Rivera, Washington  -  New ownership will want their own guy.  Can't believe he's still there.  

2. Arthur Smith, Atlanta - He hasn't  moved the needle and a loss to Carolina?   Yikes

3. Robert Saleh, NY Jets - I think it all depends on what Aaron says, but after 30-0, he's in trouble

4. Mike Tomlin, Pittsburgh - Rare that they would fire a coach, but it's gotten stale

5. Mike Vrabel, Tennessee - I have to have 5, he's number 5, but not sure he'd get the boot.   If he does, he'll be New England's guy.  

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I know I'm in the minority with this but like I said with the Lions last year I think winning games for a young team is important even if they seem meaningless on the sense of making the playoffs. 

Now if say the Bears didnt own the Panthers pick and had say 3 wins right now I prob would say it would be foolish to win a game late in the season to cost them the number 1 or 2 pick but in their current state Id be fine taking the wins over draft position.

I agree. It's usually better to win with a young QB. And a good GM should be able to really build a roster of talented players with all those good picks..