Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

18 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Considering the win streak Dallas has at home, do you favor the Lions in that game? Seriously?

No chance. Dallas will be favored by 4 or 5 most likely. Dallas will obviously be favored to win that game but it's not an insurmountable task, the Lions have generally played good games in Dallas throughout the years even last season when the team was decimated by injury at their low point and had a chance in the 4th.

Edited by NYLion

8 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I think the "Dallas is unbeatable at home" line is a bit overplayed. They're 7-0 in Jerry's World, yes, but that's come against the Jets, Patriots, Rams, Giants, Commanders, Seahawks, and Eagles. A combined record of 41-57. They should beat four of those teams blindfolded. Credit where it's due for the other three, but a good team against a 0.500 team should win more often than not at home. And divisional games between good teams are always expected to be competitive.

Detroit will deserve to be the underdog but I wouldn't completely write them off.

Low expectations for that game. And yes, it's only 7 wins or something, this season. But I think it's something like 14 home wins in a row. They just don't lose at home.

Dream scenario:

- Lions win next 3 to get #2 seed. Behind SF #1, ahead of Philly #3, Dallas #5.

- Lions, at home, win wildcard game against Rams or Hawks or Vikings or whomever

- Lions, at home, beat Philly in conference semi. Dallas upsets SF in the other semi.

- Lions, at home, beat Dallas to advance to Super Bowl

- Lions beat Browns or Bills, two teams with their own history of heartbreak, to win Super Bowl

10 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Dream scenario:

- Lions, at home, win wildcard game against Rams or Hawks or Vikings or whomever

- Lions, at home, beat Philly in conference semi. Dallas upsets SF in the other semi.

- Lions beat Browns or Bills, two teams with their own history of heartbreak, to win Super Bowl

I like the revenge arc of beating Stafford then Patricia then Blandino’s party bus then Schwartz

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Dream scenario:

Lions can still get the 1st seed.  If the 49ers lose to the Ravens and Rams,  and the Lions win out, they clinch the 1st seed.  It's plausible,  but not probable. 

I know Seattle winning would have helped the Lions, but my hatred of Matt Patricia supersedes my need to clinch the playoffs (which they will do anyway next week).    I love the fact that the defensive guru blew a 4th quarter lead.   **** him. And **** everything he's about.  And while we're at it, **** every single arrogrant New England errand boy who worked for the overrated Bill Belichick.  They all suck.   It was Brady (and cheating).  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I think the "Dallas is unbeatable at home" line is a bit overplayed. They're 7-0 in Jerry's World, yes, but that's come against the Jets, Patriots, Rams, Giants, Commanders, Seahawks, and Eagles. A combined record of 41-57. They should beat four of those teams blindfolded. Credit where it's due for the other three, but a good team against a 0.500 team should win more often than not at home. And divisional games between good teams are always expected to be competitive.

Detroit will deserve to be the underdog but I wouldn't completely write them off.

9 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Low expectations for that game. And yes, it's only 7 wins or something, this season. But I think it's something like 14 home wins in a row. They just don't lose at home.

I'm with MC on this one. Yes, 14-0 is worth recognizing, and Dallas is good. Nothing is absolute.

Not writing them off also.

9 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Seattle scored a lot of points on them to. That game was similar to the Lions game with Seattle except Dallas came out ahead. They also beat an Eagles team that is struggling right now. 

I'm hoping the same Dallas rush D from Buffalo shows again.

I was a Pickens advocate prior to last year's draft, thought he would have been a good pick up in the 2nd round(before we traded up for Jamo) but judging by plays like this among others Ive seen its a good thing that never happened cause he'd never see the field here with that effort or lack there of. 

11 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I was a Pickens advocate prior to last year's draft, thought he would have been a good pick up in the 2nd round(before we traded up for Jamo) but judging by plays like this among others Ive seen its a good thing that never happened cause he'd never see the field here with that effort or lack there of. 

He'll be traded to the Bears for a 2nd round pick. 

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Not worried about any of them. I guess I wouldn't want to play Minnesota. I don't like playing a team 3 times in 4 weeks. 

None of them really worry me in the sense that I think we would lose... If the question is rephrased as "who do you think has the best chance to beat us" (which is what I suppose should worry us), I would pick teams like the Seahawks and Rams. They are both well coached teams (Seahawks more so than the Rams) with some amount of star power (Rams more so than the Seahawks) that will be prepared to capitalize on any mistakes we made. As with week two, if we lose the turnover battle by three to either of those teams, we're going to be in a dog fight, and we could lose... The Vikings and Packers are both fairly well coached, but don't have any real star power to speak of, which leads me to have less concern with either of them. Playing the Vikings three times in four weeks is not ideal, but I think that should be pretty clear by week 18 if it'll be the case, and we would see the Lions keeping things close to the chest in terms of looks... Neither the Saints or Falcons have good coaching or good players, so I would love to play either of them.

Arthur Blank says he's undecided on Arthur Smith's future and to let the season play out.    I don't know, but I think if you put Justin Fields on the Falcons they probably win that awful division but this seems like an indication that he's out

HOT SEAT RANKINGS

1. Ron Rivera, Washington.  100%  I mean, this is done.   I would say it means Eric Bieniemy is out too because if the new owner had any designs on moving him up, he'd have sacked Rivera already and given EB an audition. 

2. Arthur Smith, Atlanta.  90%   Not exactly an endorsement today.  

3. Robert Saleh, NY Jets.  60%  Rumors that there may be a power struggle with Rodgers and Saleh and guess who will win that.  So who will Rodgers hire to be the head coach? 

4. Dennis Allen, New Orleans.  60%   Depends on how they finish, but it felt like an uninspired hiring to begin with. 

5. Matt LaFleur, Green Bay.  50%  Missing the playoffs two years in a row.  Not gonna sit well. 

I am takin Tomlin and Vrabel off the list for now, but if they crash and burn at the end, they'll both be out.  

8 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Arthur Blank says he's undecided on Arthur Smith's future and to let the season play out.    I don't know, but I think if you put Justin Fields on the Falcons they probably win that awful division but this seems like an indication that he's out

HOT SEAT RANKINGS

1. Ron Rivera, Washington.  100%  I mean, this is done.   I would say it means Eric Bieniemy is out too because if the new owner had any designs on moving him up, he'd have sacked Rivera already and given EB an audition. 

2. Arthur Smith, Atlanta.  90%   Not exactly an endorsement today.  

3. Robert Saleh, NY Jets.  60%  Rumors that there may be a power struggle with Rodgers and Saleh and guess who will win that.  So who will Rodgers hire to be the head coach? 

4. Dennis Allen, New Orleans.  60%   Depends on how they finish, but it felt like an uninspired hiring to begin with. 

5. Matt LaFleur, Green Bay.  50%  Missing the playoffs two years in a row.  Not gonna sit well. 

I am takin Tomlin and Vrabel off the list for now, but if they crash and burn at the end, they'll both be out.  

Rivera is definitely gone. I just suggested to my Nephew in law (a huge Wash fan) that they need to bring in Ray Agnew to replace Mayhew and take a good look at Ben Johnson. I think Howell still could be a serviceable QB but needs a whisperer.

I don't know if Falcons HC Arthur Smith, GM Terry Fontenot, Owner Arthur Blank or a combination of the three men decided on drafting Ridder and Pitts instead of taking Justin Fields. If Smith had no decision in that, which I find highly unlikely, then he shouldn't be fired and the GM should be on the hot seat instead. If Arthur Blank forced Ridder on both men then he's a moron. If both the GM and HC decided on him then I think both deserve to be on the hot seat.

I think the Falcons have the making of a good offense with Robinson, London, Pitts as weapons to go to. If they had a real QB to throw the ball to them or run the offense I think they could be a threat, especially in that garbage fire of a division.