Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

3 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I never saw a replay, whose fault was the blocked kick yesterday?

Never saw one either but judging by the way Badgely's kicks looked I'm going to guess it was his fault. Every one was this low darting slice, they almost all looked like shanks but were fortunate enough that they were XPs so it was close enough to still get through the uprights....barely. 

50 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The Chiefs have committed a lot of money to a QB that needs an elite OL, strong supporting cast, and an elite coordinator like Bieniemy to be successful. 

Their inability to keep Hill is perplexing. Were they up against the cap or just being cheap? Keeping Hill would have made them a much more serious Super Bowl contender. Without help, Mahomes looks human...

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Never saw one either but judging by the way Badgely's kicks looked I'm going to guess it was his fault. Every one was this low darting slice, they almost all looked like shanks but were fortunate enough that they were XPs so it was close enough to still get through the uprights....barely. 

They’ve gotten very lucky that the kicking ineptitude of this team hasn’t cost them a game this year. I hope it doesn’t come in the playoffs.

Just now, Sports_Freak said:

Their inability to keep Hill is perplexing. Were they up against the cap or just being cheap? Keeping Hill would have made them a much more serious Super Bowl contender. Without help, Mahomes looks human...

I really think they thought Mahomes could carry the offense by himself. So they decided to invest pretty much all of their cap (sans Mahomes) to the defense. It won them a Super Bowl last year, but I don’t think it’s sustainable.

There is this belief that because Brady was seemingly able to do it that great QBs can carry an offense no matter who they have around them and that is just false. We've seen it time and time again that outside of the GOATs you need good playcallers, atleast some play makers and most importantly an offensive line. 

Sure you may get 1 season here and there like Cam Newton or Lamar Jackson had where they were just so all world and so athletic that they were able to do it almost by themselves but that has proven to not be sustainable. 

15 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I really think they thought Mahomes could carry the offense by himself. So they decided to invest pretty much all of their cap (sans Mahomes) to the defense. It won them a Super Bowl last year, but I don’t think it’s sustainable.

they were up against the cap.

19 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I never saw a replay, whose fault was the blocked kick yesterday?

14 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I don't know...

From what I remember, there were two Vikings almost on top of him as he barely squeezed off the kick... Close enough that a hand may have altered the trajectory...

Even if not, his concentration coulda been thrown off by how close they were...

I mean, he's still a crappy kicker.

There's a guy with a monster-leg in the upcoming draft. Mevis out of Missouri? Successful at an 84% rate and routinely kicks 55 yarders. Maybe use the extra 3rd on him...? It's not like the Lions have never used a high draft pick on a kicker before...

It sucks for the Lions sake that the Eagles appear to be well in control of this one but a good consolation prize for me would be to see Devito come crashing back down to Earth while getting embarrassed on national TV. I think it's time his 15 minutes are up, tired of hearing about him and his agent.