Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

If Glenn leaves, Campbell should immediately be on the phone with Vrabel about the DC position. Former player, perfect culture fit, and a fantastic coach. Look at those recent Tennessee rosters, what did they expect him to do? He’s a football coach not a magician.

• Like 1

Ironically I see Glenn as a Vrabel type. Would be wild if the Titans hired him. I'm not sure I would want Vrabel as coordinator. He would likely be one and done and only there to become head coach. I like the idea of the Lions developing coaches. Let Kelvin Shephard take over as defensive coordinator. 

• Like 1

It always amazes me how quickly things can change in the NFL for coaches. Its such a "what have you done for me lately" league. A few years ago Vrabel was basically viewed like Campbell is now, he was the guy that teams were looking or hoping they could find in their next head coach. 

Then he has a couple down years with subpar talent and suddenly he gets fired.  It's like the guy didn't just forget how to coach or lead a team in 2 to 3 years. I just hope if the Lions ever get in a similar situation they don't do the same to Campbell.

46 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

It always amazes me how quickly things can change in the NFL for coaches. Its such a "what have you done for me lately" league. A few years ago Vrabel was basically viewed like Campbell is now, he was the guy that teams were looking or hoping they could find in their next head coach. 

Then he has a couple down years with subpar talent and suddenly he gets fired.  It's like the guy didn't just forget how to coach or lead a team in 2 to 3 years. I just hope if the Lions ever get in a similar situation they don't do the same to Campbell.

I think it shows incompetence at the level of the Titans management. I’m not sure whether I read it here or somewhere else, but someone said “if you fire your coach and everyone immediately wants them to become their coach, you probably shouldn’t have fired your coach.”

I have a hard time seeing whoever the Titans hire accomplishing more than Vrabel did. They’re incredibly devoid of talent.

32 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I think it shows incompetence at the level of the Titans management. I’m not sure whether I read it here or somewhere else, but someone said “if you fire your coach and everyone immediately wants them to become their coach, you probably shouldn’t have fired your coach.”

I have a hard time seeing whoever the Titans hire accomplishing more than Vrabel did. They’re incredibly devoid of talent.

i agree the titans are devoid of talent.

i also think nfl teams can get talented in a hurry.  ask houston.

tennessee's problem is that they have tied themselves to will levis.

The Bears seem like the perfect fit for Harbaugh, even more so than the Chargers. Harbaugh would have his choice of building around Fields with a lot of great assets, or getting the top QB in the draft without having to give up assets. This seems like a situation with the Chargers where they held on to Staley a year too long. 

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Good for Mike.  He deserves to see his name up for opportunities.  

Bad for Mike that it’s in Carolina working for a guy that is rocketing himself up the list of worst owners sports.