Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

4 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I don't know if this means they are keeping Fields or not. They may want a different coordinator for Williams or they may think they saw enough from Fields that they want a better OC. 

I think it means they're sticking with Fields. If they were going to draft Williams, they'd have cleaned house completely.

8 minutes ago, holygoat said:

I think it means they're sticking with Fields. If they were going to draft Williams, they'd have cleaned house completely.

not necessarily.

remember, this is the bears youre talking about.

I wouldn't think of Disner as the guy to leave the organization to be a GM elsewhere. He joined the Lions in 2019 and was here for the Patricia era. He is considered the salary cap guru now, which he hasn't really had to do much, as we've been in the cutting dead weight stage of the rebuild, not the "let's be strategic to keep everyone good" stage.

Ray Agnew is the Assistant GM who came with Holmes. He is who I'd prefer not to lose but would expect to be a candidate.

POST BLACK MONDAY HOT SEAT RANKING - Not saying they WILL be fired, but I have to have a Top 5. 

1. BILL BELICHICK, New England   - He should just walk away gracefully. Could he be traded? 

2. NICK SIRANNI, Philadelphia - He shouldn't be on a hot seat, but when you hire Matt Patricia as a DC...well, you get what you deserve

3. DENNIS ALLEN, New Orleans - His team ignoring his order not to score doesn't inspire confidence. 

4. ROBERT SALEH, NY Jets - Anytime Aaron Rodgers is involved........

5. DOUG PEDERSON, Jacksonville -  Pretty big meltdown, the golden boy hasn't improved. He'll be back next year, but I needed a fifth

Lots of open jobs now. 

Tennessee

LA Chargers

New England? 

Seattle

Atlanta

Washington

Carolina

Las Vegas? 

Where's Saban going?    LOL

Hey Bama,   Tuck Comin' ? 

9 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

POST BLACK MONDAY HOT SEAT RANKING - Not saying they WILL be fired, but I have to have a Top 5. 

1. BILL BELICHICK, New England   - He should just walk away gracefully. Could he be traded? 

2. NICK SIRANNI, Philadelphia - He shouldn't be on a hot seat, but when you hire Matt Patricia as a DC...well, you get what you deserve

3. DENNIS ALLEN, New Orleans - His team ignoring his order not to score doesn't inspire confidence. 

4. ROBERT SALEH, NY Jets - Anytime Aaron Rodgers is involved........

5. DOUG PEDERSON, Jacksonville -  Pretty big meltdown, the golden boy hasn't improved. He'll be back next year, but I needed a fifth

Lots of open jobs now. 

Tennessee

LA Chargers

New England? 

Seattle

Atlanta

Washington

Carolina

Las Vegas? 

Where's Saban going?    LOL

Hey Bama,   Tuck Comin' ? 

mike mccarthy if he loses to green bay.

18 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Good chance the Lions play the Vikings or Bears in one of these games. Would be nice to face the Bears. One less game in possible bad weather. 

Unless things have changed, they don't schedule divisional games for the international slate. Jacksonville is supposed to be a home game for us, so maybe them, though it kind of sounds like these four teams will be the "hosts" for the international games.

37 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Good chance the Lions play the Vikings or Bears in one of these games. Would be nice to face the Bears. One less game in possible bad weather. 

yes, London is famous for its sunny weather in autumn.   :--)

POST BLACK MONDAY HOT SEAT RANKING - Not saying they WILL be fired, but I have to have a Top 5.  Post-Belichick

1. NICK SIRANNI, Philadelphia - He shouldn't be on a hot seat, but when you hire Matt Patricia as a DC...well, you get what you deserve

2. DENNIS ALLEN, New Orleans - His team ignoring his order not to score doesn't inspire confidence. 

3. ROBERT SALEH, NY Jets - Anytime Aaron Rodgers is involved........

4. DOUG PEDERSON, Jacksonville -  Pretty big meltdown, the golden boy hasn't improved. He'll be back next year, but I needed a fifth

5. MIKE McCARTHY, Dallas -  Yes, if he loses to Green Bay

The Saints have already said they are bringing Allen back. I would really look out for Sirianni if the Eagles lay an egg in Tampa. They moved on from Pederson rather quick after winning a Super Bowl. There seem to be locker room issues popping up in Philadelphia. 

Here's another one I'll throw out there. McVay. He gets blown out by Goff and decides to retire and go into TV. 

It could be that but iirc I was looking up most popular teams in Europe last year when there was speculation about us potentially playing there and believe it or not some of the things I found showed that Carolina was one of the top teams there. Have no real explanation why though. 

33 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

It could be that but iirc I was looking up most popular teams in Europe last year when there was speculation about us potentially playing there and believe it or not some of the things I found showed that Carolina was one of the top teams there. Have no real explanation why though. 

Possibly the number of military bases in North and South Carolina and the number of personnel based in Germany.