Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

my wife's firm has a london office and they couldnt give tickets away to those london games.

the nfl is probably more popular in germany, they seem to be nfl crazy.  which is why they should put the lions in germany because of amon ra.  

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

Some thoughts from Rick Spielman on Caleb Williams as a prospect.  He’s a fan.

Spielman is advising Washington on their head coach, front office search. They have the second pick and not really sold on Howell. mmm

On 1/9/2024 at 12:42 PM, MichiganCardinal said:

If Glenn leaves, Campbell should immediately be on the phone with Vrabel about the DC position. Former player, perfect culture fit, and a fantastic coach. Look at those recent Tennessee rosters, what did they expect him to do? He’s a football coach not a magician.

I'd be okay with Vrabel.  I do hope the Lions will at least consider an interview with Jesse Minter.  What he did with Michigan's Defense this year is impressive.

Obviously, Belichick and Saban are the two greatest football coaches of this generation.   Isn’t Pete Carroll the solid 3rd choice?  He dominated in college winning 2 national championships and was a play away from a 3rd.  He won a Super Bowl and was another play away from winning 2.    An exceptional career for a guy that was essentially a journeyman until he was 50 years old.  

Edited by Hongbit

So NFL has shut down a jersey exchange (Stafford for another) and a free watch party at a MI theater?  What's the legal justification, especially the jersey swap? Statements from both start identically and then describe the event..."At the request of the NFL..." 

Can't imagine they were contacted with a simple request..."Hey would you please not do this..." I suspect the threat of legal action. Seems like a bully move, pushing these individuals into compliance?

Bad look or justified?

48 minutes ago, KnoxP said:

So NFL has shut down a jersey exchange (Stafford for another) and a free watch party at a MI theater?  What's the legal justification, especially the jersey swap? Statements from both start identically and then describe the event..."At the request of the NFL..." 

Can't imagine they were contacted with a simple request..."Hey would you please not do this..." I suspect the threat of legal action. Seems like a bully move, pushing these individuals into compliance?

Bad look or justified?

The NFL probably just made them an offer they couldn't refuse. 

1 hour ago, ben9753 said:

The NFL probably just made them an offer they couldn't refuse. 

MI theater is a small non-profit org. They don't have the resources to get into a pissing match with the NFL even if they knew they were right. A one time event isn't a big enough motivation to argue.

8 hours ago, KnoxP said:

Bad look or justified?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1