Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

17 hours ago, Jason_R said:

There’s a chance the last NFL game of this season will have the same teams as the first. 

That would be interesting! I don't see it happening... I think both Detroit and KC are the under dogs so both winning is unlikely... but possible!

17 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I so wanted the Bills to win, I'm tired of the Chiefs. Between this being their 6th straight conference championship appearance, all the Taylor Swift stuff and seeing Mahomes/Reid on State Farm commercials almost literally every single NFL commercial break I'm just ready for them to go away. 

Mahomes is like the spokes person for any product in NFL commercials. It's so annoying.

21 hours ago, Jason_R said:

There’s a chance the last NFL game of this season will have the same teams as the first. 

Nah.  It was pre-determined to be Baltimore vs. San Fran.   Look at the Super Bowl logo colors.  A bit weird that the logo always seems to match the teams that end up there later.   Purple & Red this year.   Well, the only way that can happen is........

Yep, it's a conspiracy, sure.   Just like paying the Bills kicker millions to miss to get another week of the Taylor Swift thing. 

It's all scripted.     The writers finally started feeling bad for us. 

16 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Nah.  It was pre-determined to be Baltimore vs. San Fran.   Look at the Super Bowl logo colors.  A bit weird that the logo always seems to match the teams that end up there later.   Purple & Red this year.   Well, the only way that can happen is........

Yep, it's a conspiracy, sure.   Just like paying the Bills kicker millions to miss to get another week of the Taylor Swift thing. 

It's all scripted.     The writers finally started feeling bad for us. 

My retort the these conspiracies is: if you’re so sure it’s scripted go bet your house and retirement on it. Otherwise it’s just using the benefit of hindsight to create narratives. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ben9753 said:

My retort the these conspiracies is: if you’re so sure it’s scripted go bet your house and retirement on it. Otherwise it’s just using the benefit of hindsight to create narratives. 

If the refs were in the tank for KC, the obvious place would have been on the fumble out of bounds in the end zone. It was  close to a  50/50 and it went touch back Buffalo, and was a 7pt swing as it would have been KC 1st and goal at the 2. IIRC, the network's pet ex-official did agree with the call -- after it was made. And it was an overturn so it would have been easy to say the evidence was not clear and convincing enough.

37 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Truly insane that anyone would view him as a top DC candidate.   He should never work again in this league.  

But you have to think of the safety of others.   See, if he's out of football, he starts working on rockets and that could lead to people dying.    So, in order to save lives (and billions of dollars) someone in the NFL needs to hire him.   

• Like 1

So a multi billion dollar industry fixes their most important games, a scheme which if uncovered would destroy the league and land people in prison, but Vancouver Island TV is in on it??? 

Edited by ben9753
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I also don't know why the NFL wouldn't want the Lions in the Super Bowl since they have been a ratings bonanza. 

To me the fact that there are dynasties and more importantly anti-dynasties is proof that it isn't scripted. Mixing things up and making everyone has their turn in the sun keeps all fan bases engage and rabid. Having a team in the league that hasn't won it all in half a century-plus isn't smart.

11 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Now, now, everybody deserves 8th chances. Maybe the Packers, Bears, or Vikings will need someone?

if Tom Brady had decided to sign with the Expos, Matty would be in some sub basement, cutting film for the assistant linebackers coach.