Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

It makes a lot sense to move the Bills game to Detroit on Sunday. They’d probably commute between the games though. I’m not sure where they’d keep them if they were going to just stay here through the holiday, unless the Lions would be amenable to allowing the use of Ford Field as a practice facility for a practice or two. Allen Park is ours.

They used the Silverdome as one practice facility for the Super Bowl. There aren’t many domed and available venues in the area anymore that can handle a large event like that on short notice.

Edited by MichiganCardinal

Sheila should stop being nice to the NFL and letting them use our stadium when it's too "cold" or "snowy" for the dumb franchises who built a stadium in Buffalo without a roof or in Minnesota with a lousy roof.

My list of demands include:

- An extra 1st Round Pick in every draft until we get one right.

- Josh Allen has to play for the Lions on Thursday

- Sheila gets to own Washington too, but uses them as a Minor League franchise for the Lions

- A "Money in the Bank" card that allows the Lions to play the Super Bowl champion at any time in the next year and if they win, they get named champion.

- Green Bay gets stripped of all wins in the Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre eras and the NFL publicly admits that both of them are kind of a dick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Sheila should stop being nice to the NFL and letting them use our stadium when it's too "cold" or "snowy" for the dumb franchises who built a stadium in Buffalo without a roof or in Minnesota with a lousy roof.

My list of demands include:

- An extra 1st Round Pick in every draft until we get one right.

- Josh Allen has to play for the Lions on Thursday

- Sheila gets to own Washington too, but uses them as a Minor League franchise for the Lions

- A "Money in the Bank" card that allows the Lions to play the Super Bowl champion at any time in the next year and if they win, they get named champion.

- Green Bay gets stripped of all wins in the Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre eras and the NFL publicly admits that both of them are kind of a dick.

Haha I especially love the MITB idea if used like WWE does. SB winning team is up celebrating on stage only for MCDC to run out the tunnel to cash in on them. 

42 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Haha I especially love the MITB idea if used like WWE does. SB winning team is up celebrating on stage only for MCDC to run out the tunnel to cash in on them. 

Middle of June, MCDC shows up with the bus at the SB Champ's winning facility.

SB Champ has a game go into OT on the Lions bye week? There's Dan Campbell, cashing it in.

Midway through the NFL Draft, Frank Ragnow takes the podium and instead of announcing the pick, cashes it in.

Would make millions.

• Like 1

Appears that both presale opportunities (one for Bills Season Ticket Holders and one for Lions Season Ticket Holders) have sold out. The aftermarket is lively too. By the looks of it, they’ll only sell the upper deck end zone seats tomorrow.

I snagged two during the Lions one. Really nice seats too, row 4 by the tunnel, for $20 each.

Still undecided if I’ll go, will see what my buddy wants to do. I have a few friends who are casual Bills fans and a few who are casual Browns fans. Might just give them away and go to the bar for the Lions game. Would be a fun and unique time though…

9 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

If only someone could have predicted such a large amount of snow and strain on infrastructure such to plan in advance!! /s

There is no reason they waited until 5 feet of snow had dropped on Buffalo to leave for Detroit. We have hotels you know.

the distribution of the snow seems to be wildly variable in this storm. The stadium is apparently in an area hit hardest but the airport not nearly as bad. It was only closed for a few hours because visibility was zero.

Edited by gehringer_2

31 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

the distribution of the snow seems to be wildly variable in this storm. The stadium is apparently in an area hit hardest but the airport not nearly as bad. It was only closed for a few hours because visibility was zero.

I just don't understand why they thought to move the game itself to a different city because of the storm, but didn't think to move their players to that city until after the storm had hit, the day before the game was to be played.

All of this may play to the Lions advantage. If Buffalo is struggling to prepare for the Browns with all that is going on, their distractions will probably continue into the short week. Detroit needs some breaks if they're going to win on Thursday.

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I just don't understand why they thought to move the game itself to a different city because of the storm, but didn't think to move their players to that city until after the storm had hit, the day before the game was to be played.

All of this may play to the Lions advantage. If Buffalo is struggling to prepare for the Browns with all that is going on, their distractions will probably continue into the short week. Detroit needs some breaks if they're going to win on Thursday.

then again - it's Buffalo. They often get a lot of snow and it's sort of a point of pride to cope.

On 11/19/2022 at 11:46 AM, gehringer_2 said:

Lake Effect snow will do that.  You bands coming off the lake where it falls like crazy under the band, but a few miles north or south of the band will get a lot less.