Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

29 minutes ago, buddha said:

the rams have no incentive to lose...but they may not have a choice.

But even outside the 1st rounder, they could be at or near the top of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds...

Instead of the middle of those rounds. If the season is shot... they have incentive to IR guys who are nicked up, not play Stafford with concussion issues and a major investment in him (sorry MB, cribbin' ya'...), etc...

55 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I thought the guys on the radio were exaggerating about Sean Taylor's "statue" but it's even worse than I imagined. You can argue whether he deserves a statue/memorial but if you're gonna do it don't half ass it like this. Embarrassing. 

Oh Dan Snyder. 🤦🏻‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Oh Dan Snyder. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I did lol at the video of the unveiling, dont have a link but basically they had the whole thing covered then did the big reveal infront of all fans, at first you got all the cheers like you normally would for an unveiling then within a few seconds after the people processed what they saw it suddenly hushed down with a bunch of murmurs of people probably saying "wtf is that?" to each other. 

3 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I thought the guys on the radio were exaggerating about Sean Taylor's "statue" but it's even worse than I imagined. You can argue whether he deserves a statue/memorial but if you're gonna do it don't half ass it like this. Embarrassing. 

The store mannequins at JCPenny look more intimidating than that.

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I did lol at the video of the unveiling, dont have a link but basically they had the whole thing covered then did the big reveal infront of all fans, at first you got all the cheers like you normally would for an unveiling then within a few seconds after the people processed what they saw it suddenly hushed down with a bunch of murmurs of people probably saying "wtf is that?" to each other. 

image.thumb.jpeg.70141b35e89d03a79c5a27734efbfb5c.jpeg

It's not at Hienz Field or whatever the new corporate name is but at a local museum. How hard is it to do something similar at Washington's stadium. Just another reason to reject public funding to billionaires.

And closer to home just take a look at the Harwell statue at Comerica.

The DC one looks like it was planned about 2 weeks ago at the conclusion of a drunken party. 

15 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

First the obligatory disclaimer: I never want to see someone seriously hurt or injured.

But having said that, it's SO much more fun to root for a team to lose so you get a high draft pick when it's not your team that needs to lose to get that high draft pick. 

I can fully rationalize that it makes sense for the Lions to lose to improve draft position (especially with a GM who actually appears to be able to find talent with those picks), but I still find it very, very hard to actually want to lose come game time.  But this year?  Man, it's just fun to see the Rams lose.

On 11/28/2022 at 12:07 PM, RandyMarsh said:

Didn't they do a tribute to him last year?   (Where Patrick Mahomes stupid idiot brother selfied himself dancing on Sean's #21, even though it was chained off?      They keep going back to this. 

Everything about that team is such a mess (including sewage dumping on fans in their stadium). 

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

The Stafford trade could net some serviceable Goff qb play, Jameson Williams(took more than just the pick but the rams pick was the centerpiece) and a top 5 pick.  Pretty good end result. 

Don't forget Ifeatu Melifonwu with the 3rd round pick.  Granted, he hasn't done much this year but he still might turn into something.

On 11/29/2022 at 12:21 PM, RedRamage said:

Don't forget Ifeatu Melifonwu with the 3rd round pick.  Granted, he hasn't done much this year but he still might turn into something.

im not counting out melifonwu....but im certainly not counting him IN either.  he's done nothing but be hurt and wasnt real effective when he did play.

they cant all be winners.