Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

Stafford is in even if never plays another down.  It may take 25 years and a nomination from the Senior committee but he’s going to be enshrined in Canton.  I don’t even think it woukd get that far as he‘d get the benefit of doubt from the voters for a career shortened injury like a Tony Boselli or Terrell Davis.  

On 12/8/2022 at 10:11 PM, RandyMarsh said:

Watching the game tonight and I can't believe I saw an Ameer Abdullah sighting for the Raiders. I thought he was long gone from the league. Wonder what Kerryon Johnson is up to these days?

I miss the days and our RBs were Double-A and Double-Z...

HOT SEAT

1. Nathaniel Hackett, Broncos.   Only here because it's his first season and the team wants to see if he improves at all

2. Kliff Kingsbury, Cardinals - I can't believe he's still there. 

3. Todd Bowles, Buccanneers - Yeah, this ain't working

4. Brandon Staley, Chargers.- Yes, they are 7-6, but a lot depends on a playoff run.  If they miss, he's out, no doubt.  This team is supposed to be a serious Super Bowl contender.   

I don't know if anyone else has a hot seat right now.  I won't count Jeff Saturday because he is Interim.    Hackett & Kingsbury are an Eagles song (Already Gone).   Bowles just is not a Head Coach.   He kind of got the gig under strange circumstances Brady would only come back if Bruce Arians wasn't there, so they nudged Bruce to the front office, but Bowles is just not a good Head Coach.   Some guys are meant to be coordinators, 

A couple other interesting things going on.   I think Sean McVay may leave.  He got the ring.  He can be on TV, make lots of money with zero stress and be with his family.    Dennis Allen is on shaky ground, but losing Jameis gives him a second year, probably.   Kevin Stefanski could be in trouble, but none of what is going on is really his fault and I think Stefanski would get another job within 2 years and I am going to mention Matt LaFleur.   It all depends on if they Packers want to stick with Aaron Rodgers or not.  If they want Rodgers to stay, they'll probably have to fire LaFelur.   He'd probably get another job quickly too.  

Hot Seat / Replacement Predictions

1. Panthers: Matt Rhule (already out) / Steve Wilks (Panthers Interim HC)

2. Colts: Frank Reich (already out) / Dan Quinn (Cowboys DC)

3. Cardinals: Kliff Kingsbury (fired on Black Monday) / DeMeco Ryan (49ers DC)

4. Broncos: Nate Hackett (fired on Black Monday) / Eric Bienemy (Chiefs OC)

5. Chargers: Brandon Staley (fired after wildcard exit) / Sean Payton (FOX)

6. Texans: Lovie Smith ("retires") / Kellen Moore (Cowboys OC)

7. Rams: Sean McVay (retires) / Raheem Morris (Rams DC)

8. Patriots: Bill Belichick (retires) / Jerod Mayo (Patriots LB Coach)

I think Bowles gets a second year as Brady retires and the team enters a rebuild. Josh McDaniels gets a second year too even though he doesn't deserve it.

10 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Does this buy Kingsbury another year?

If I had to guess, Arizona ownership probably decided to fire both Keim and Kingsbury after they lost by 28 to the 49ers a few weeks ago, but didn't want to go through the trouble of naming an interim coach with a patchwork front office with just six weeks left. They went 4-8 with Kyler and Kliff this year and he's gone 5-13 since week 14 last year... I think that's enough sample size.

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Hot Seat / Replacement Predictions

1. Panthers: Matt Rhule (already out) / Steve Wilks (Panthers Interim HC)

2. Colts: Frank Reich (already out) / Dan Quinn (Cowboys DC)

3. Cardinals: Kliff Kingsbury (fired on Black Monday) / DeMeco Ryan (49ers DC)

4. Broncos: Nate Hackett (fired on Black Monday) / Eric Bienemy (Chiefs OC)

5. Chargers: Brandon Staley (fired after wildcard exit) / Sean Payton (FOX)

6. Texans: Lovie Smith ("retires") / Kellen Moore (Cowboys OC)

7. Rams: Sean McVay (retires) / Raheem Morris (Rams DC)

8. Patriots: Bill Belichick (retires) / Jerod Mayo (Patriots LB Coach)

I think Bowles gets a second year as Brady retires and the team enters a rebuild. Josh McDaniels gets a second year too even though he doesn't deserve it.

all sorts of rumors that brady will end up on the niners.

i think glenn gets the houston or denver job if they come open.

7 minutes ago, buddha said:

all sorts of rumors that brady will end up on the niners.

i think glenn gets the houston or denver job if they come open.

I really doubt he runs it back again. If he was going to do it though, that's the place to go. He'll be 46, and while I'm never one to doubt him, there have been signs of him actually being a human this year. Through 13 games he's on pace to throw for the fewest number of TDs since 2001.