Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

Man I couldn't imagine what's going through his mind even though it was a complete accident. I hope it's something that doesn't weigh on him forever and he gets over it as quickly as possible. BTW there has been "remarkable improvement" by Hamlin according to his team and that he appears to be "neurologically intact". I'm not sure what that last phrase means, like does it mean it appears that he appears to be safe from long term brain damage? but whatever it means it sounds promising. 

I see the issue with wining percentage.  If the Bills got the #1 seed by not playing a division champion the Chiefs could be miffed.  On the other hand if the Bills get #2 because they didn’t get a chance to beat the Bengals then they would likely have a complaint as well.  Nobody is at fault for a player getting hurt so it’s not like you can blame anyone.  This way no one in the AFC gets bye and the #1 seed loses some of its value.  The NFC would need the same for balance.

I’m biased and want the extra team, but neutral me says skip the game and leave the rest alone.

I think the Bengals may be the team that ends up getting screwed the most.  I believe they were going to beat the Bills and probably crush the Ravens this week.  I also think the Raiders have a good chance of beating the Chiefs on Saturday.  The Bengals would have been the #1 seed.  Instead they will probably get the #3 seed now because they can't get as many wins as the Bills or Chiefs now.

Rumors abound that if Miami loses and misses the playoffs that Mike McDaniel and the GM could be out. 

Keep an eye on that one, because that is where Harbaugh would go and he would probably get GM-type power.   Remember Stephen Ross is a Michigan guy and has donated a ton to the school.  

Harb-Odds

1. Colts

2. Panthers

3. Broncos

4. Cardinals

5. Commanders

if McDaniel is fired

1. Dolphins - By far. 

2. Colts

3. Panthers

Who cares after that.