Random NFL comments/thoughts

RedRamage

23 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Another black coach fired after only 1 year - coaching a team everyone knew had the worst roster.    There is a real problem here, man.    Steve Wilks made the Panthers competitive after they gave up and traded their best player and he'll likely get the ax.   Not cool . 

he wasnt fired because he was black.  interim head coaches rarely do well if hired, even if theyre white!

gabriel is being dragged for that post all over the internet.

a guy who used to have credibility has turned into a bears shill.  combine that with his defensive attitude and know it all bullshit and you get a guy who blew all his credibility to stan for justin fields.

speaking of fields, the smart play for the bears would be to trade him and start over.  he's going into year 3 and will be very expensive very soon and still cant be a qb.  great rb who hasnt really improved as a passer.

but its the bears.  they'll double down on fields.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

gabriel is being dragged for that post all over the internet.

a guy who used to have credibility has turned into a bears shill.  combine that with his defensive attitude and know it all bullshit and you get a guy who blew all his credibility to stan for justin fields.

speaking of fields, the smart play for the bears would be to trade him and start over.  he's going into year 3 and will be very expensive very soon and still cant be a qb.  great rb who hasnt really improved as a passer.

but its the bears.  they'll double down on fields.

Even Dombrowski couldn’t trade Fields.  

On 1/8/2023 at 11:18 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

Another black coach fired after only 1 year - coaching a team everyone knew had the worst roster.    There is a real problem here, man.    Steve Wilks made the Panthers competitive after they gave up and traded their best player and he'll likely get the ax.   Not cool . 

I heard yesterday that the Brass were so pissed that he went for two to beat the Colts. XP ties the game and Houston still keeps first overall pick....

33 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I heard yesterday that the Brass were so pissed that he went for two to beat the Colts. XP ties the game and Houston still keeps first overall pick....

So what?  Chicago at #1 is not going to draft a QB and even if they trade that #1 pick to a team that needs one  there are 3 or 4 top QBs out there).  

Plus, if it ever comes out officially that they sacked him for WINNING a game, I would imagine there will be punishment.  I hope that happens.  I hope they lose a draft pick over it.    Take that #2 pick away from them.    

You can ask guys to knock their heads in for 3 hours and then not TRY to win when you have the chance.   

If you can't draft a future star at #2 then.......oh wait........it's the Texans, never mind. That team is a fucking disaster all the way around.  

At this point, why would the Ravens even want Lamar Jackson back (at the ridiculous price he'll cost as a franchise tag or free agent).  They might be better off going after Trey Lance,  since the Niners QB room is going to be Tom Brady-Brock Purdy next year.      Derek Carr might work in Bal'more too.  

Edited by Motor City Sonics

lol first play of the game and Lawrence gets the ball batted at the line for an INT. I swear literally seconds before when they were going through the intros and they listed Lawrence at 6'6 I thought to myself(Wow didn't realize he was that tall, probably doesnt get many balls batted down) So crazy.